Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Interview on Monday - questions

K1 Interview on Monday - questions

Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default K1 Interview on Monday - questions

I am sitting here trying to get everything together for my K1 interview in London on Monday. I have a couple of questions... I think it might be the first of many!

Is it really important to take the complete set of I-129F forms that we sent in back at the beginning...? I have just looked in my folder on my computer where I saved all of the PDF's, etc, and have realised that none of the actual entries we typed have been saved. I have everything else, like the letters on intent, etc, saved on my computer. I also have the evidence that we sent in.

Is this going to be a major problem? God I hope not.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

More to come...

Matt
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:13 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview on Monday - questions

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I am sitting here trying to get everything together for my K1 interview in London on Monday. I have a couple of questions... I think it might be the first of many!

Is it really important to take the complete set of I-129F forms that we sent in back at the beginning...? I have just looked in my folder on my computer where I saved all of the PDF's, etc, and have realised that none of the actual entries we typed have been saved. I have everything else, like the letters on intent, etc, saved on my computer. I also have the evidence that we sent in.

Is this going to be a major problem? God I hope not.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

More to come...

Matt
Take along the notices of action for the fiance visa petition, but you do not need to take the actual I-129f application form. That has already been approved, and is irrelevant to the interview. Plus your file at the embassy will contain a copy of I-129f, so there is no need to take a copy along with you.

Best of luck at the interview!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbickle
Take along the notices of action for the fiance visa petition, but you do not need to take the actual I-129f application form. That has already been approved, and is irrelevant to the interview. Plus your file at the embassy will contain a copy of I-129f, so there is no need to take a copy along with you.

Best of luck at the interview!
Great - thanks for that. It's just I see everyone talking about taking entire copies of the I-129F with them. I guess this is just being over prepared?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here's an interesting one for you...

I am just reading the Fiance Appointment letter that was sent to me, and it says:

"You must bring in the results of your medical examination, which the embassy physician will have sent you in a sealed envelope and which you should not open"

Huh. That's funny because I'm sure when I was at the hospital in Birmingham having my medical, they said it would be sent to the Embassy. I hope so, because I am sitting here 3 days before my visa appointment and I definetly don't have anything from the hospital!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

From what I have read about this new medical, you are right. Obviously the consulate letter has not been updated.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Matt,

You don't need to take any of the forms you or your fiancee have filled out for the I-129F, but do take originals of any photocopies that were submitted as backup or evidence....photos, birth certificates, divorce decrees...that sort of thing.

Good Luck for Monday!

Rene
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Can't offer help, as DH's interview was 4.5 years ago but do want to wish you luck. If you've got your stuff together, literally and figuratively, you should have no problems!

Dawn
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.

Just sorting everything out now, I'll let you know how it goes!

Matt
Old Apr 16th 2005, 1:35 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

You'll come out of the embassy wondering what the heck you worried for.

Don't panic - you're gonna be fine