Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Interview/Medical Question

Wikiposts

K1 Interview/Medical Question

Old May 19th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default K1 Interview/Medical Question

Ok...so I'm working on my Packet 3 stuff and so far managed to refrain from asking too many stupid questions...however, I am looking for some guidance if possible...

I realise I need to put the date of my medical on my IV-15, which indicates I need to arrange this prior to sending the IV-15 back. My dilemma is that I was hoping to try and work the two quite close together to avoid travelling to London twice, however I can't see how I can do this if I won't know when my interview is yet? Is it possible to change your medical appointment once you know when your interview is or does what you enter on the IV-15 have to stand?

Also, am I ok to assume that it is acceptable to put month/year instead of specific dates down for date of travel and date of wedding bearing in mind that nothing will be official until said Visa has been received??

I fear this will not be the last you hear from me on this stuff
Old May 19th 2009, 8:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview/Medical Question

Yes, it's possible to have your medical very close (like the day before) your visa interview. How that's arranged, I'm not sure, but I know others on here have done it.

Yes, you can just put the month/year for date of travel and wedding, or you could even put "unknown at this time".

Rene
Old May 19th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

I had my medical on the Thursday, my interview was on the monday.

I just sent back the checklist with the date of my intended departure (June 09). When I got the letter from the embassy concerning my interview I then booked the medical.

The letter with the interview date arrives 3-4 weeks before the date of the interview and I found that was plenty of time to arrange the medical as close as possible.

Sophie

p.s bear in mind that the medical results take 4 working days to reach the embassy. If you have any criminal convictions relating to substance abuse (i.e drink driving), psyc problems, other medical issues you may be asked for futher evidence/consultation so this could delay the results reaching the embassy.

If none of this applies though you should be fine getting it close together but although the embassy can say 'approved depending on medical results' they cannot outright approve you and send you your visa.

If medically everything looks ok for you then there is no problem having them close together. I had the interview on the monday, my medical results arrived at the embassy on the Tuesday and my visa was delivered on the Thursday.
Old May 19th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
I just sent back the checklist with the date of my intended departure (June 09). When I got the letter from the embassy concerning my interview I then booked the medical.
So, did you leave the Medical Date part blank? Or should I write on it that I will arrange when I know when my interview is?

If medically everything looks ok for you then there is no problem having them close together. I had the interview on the monday, my medical results arrived at the embassy on the Tuesday and my visa was delivered on the Thursday.
I think this side of things will be ok. I have a letter from my doctor saying I have had no illnesses while registered with them and have copies of stuff relating to a previous illness that shows that everything was a-ok more than 9 years ago. I don't expect to need further evidence or consultation as I have all my hospital notes from the time if required.

Though, my drs were not most helpful with my request and charged me £30 for the privealge of the letter (which mentions two things I wouldn't have bothered anyone with due to their nature - dental surgery and a fractured wrist when I was 8!!) and appear to have copied all of my records despite me specifically only asking for certain sections! I'm sure the Knightsbridge drs don't want to know about results of a stool sample from ten years ago, thank you very much! I don't foresee that reading through them to pick out the required parts is going to be much fun considering the handwriting is virtually unreadable!
Old May 19th 2009, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

I had actually arranged my medical for February (received packet 3 in Jan) but broke my ankle a week before so I canceled it and just waited until I knew my interview date as I live far from London and am at uni so don't really have the £ to have a few weekends away there

I had put the Medical date as I think 'February' and my departure date as June so they scheduled my interview for April.

Just put whatever, if you want just make a medical appointment so you can out a date on there and do what I did and just cancel it untill you get your letter. The is no fee for cancellations if it is done more thank 3 working days (I think) before the medical.

Sophie

p.s I also had a letter from Dr stating good health, no problems etc and they seemed to like that so you'll be good
Old May 19th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Fantabulous! I might just put June for the medical date and then wait for the interview letter to actually arrange.

Thanks for your help