Wikiposts

k1 Interview Info

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough
Default k1 Interview Info

Hey Guys, so I have my interview on the 15th of july and am just going through my final checklist. I have my police check, the original NOA notifications, the I134(proof of income over 17500), they should have my medical results which I'm assuming are fine. I have plenty of evidence like photos emails, phone bills etc. I'm going to get my two pics when I get to London.

Is their anything I'm missing?

(PS am I right in thinking theirs no need to take any of my financial accounts due to the fact my fiance is my sponser)
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 Interview Info

Originally Posted by fogga4000
Hey Guys, so I have my interview on the 15th of july and am just going through my final checklist. I have my police check, the original NOA notifications, the I134(proof of income over 17500), they should have my medical results which I'm assuming are fine. I have plenty of evidence like photos emails, phone bills etc. I'm going to get my two pics when I get to London.

(PS am I right in thinking theirs no need to take any of my financial accounts due to the fact my fiance is my sponser)
I can't think of anything missing. Unless you're trying to self-sponsor (which it appears you aren't) I wouldn't think your accounts would matter.

Copies of the letters of intent perhaps - or even updated ones, if it's been a while.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:18 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I would take photocopies of your birth certificate and police report . They kept my fiancees photocopies of both of those. They didn't ask for the NOA or letters of intent but I would bring them anyway. They asked for and kept the I134 and asked to see evidence of support but didn't keep any of the financials. My mom is the joint sponser since alot of my income is commision based but because I had decent assets they weren't interested.My fiancee brought his financials but they weren't interested in that either. If you are not self sponsoring than you don't need your financials but if it makes you more comfortable you can bring them. Isent himwith everything but the kitchen sink! You can't bring any large bags into the embassy but he put everything into a mens messenger bag and that was fine. Read the thread on k1 2007/2008 Londoninterviews about some recent experiences . The hardest part is the waiting around! Good Luck on your interview!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I assume you have seen this:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/docs169.html

Note that is says you should bring the original + 1 copy of all documents (except photographs and passport). Which I suppose makes sense. They don't want to keep your originals but want to verify the copy is correct.

I believe from your posted list you were missing your birth certificate, which someone has already noted. Of course, you won't forget your passport or your two pictures (if you haven't heard you can get them inside the Embassy or better yet from the local Snappy Snaps - just ask for the American style)!

Best of luck, although I am sure you won't need it
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yes thanks guys I have my birth certificate but will have to get copies of everything. Had forgotten about that. I have a new letter of intent en route.

THANKS EVERYONE

PS do they ask anything out of the ordinary or anything that might confuse or is it all relatively simple?

Last edited by fogga4000; Jul 4th 2008 at 4:16 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:49 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

They basically asked my fiancee how we met, when was the last time he saw me. How long we've known each other, where do we plan to live, why the states and not the UK, what does he do for a living, how long he'd been at his job.Nothing tricky or out of the ordinary!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:51 pm

Apparently in the last few weeks some people have said that you no longer can check your mobile at the embassy and you have to check it at the chemist up the street and they charge you.I held onto my fiancees phone and we just arranged for time to meet up. Anyone else experience this?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by fogga4000

Do you have a letter from your fiancees place of employment?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yes thanks got that