k1 interview experience on June 30th

Wikiposts

k1 interview experience on June 30th

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:07 am
Just Joined

dksngc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 interview experience on June 30th

when do we get our visa?
Hello. I'm Danielle, makkabokka's fiancee. Well his interview is over. He will give a detailed account of what happened some other time but for now I just have a question.
Everything seemed to be fine other than a small problem with his passport. The wrong birthplace was put on it. So, when the interview was over, he was told to have this problem fixed and then to come back to show the passport again. They didnt make him take a new appointment. They said he could come back any working day.

So my question is, does this mean he is approved once he shows the passport with the correct information? Or can they still decline him or send him away to get some more documents? We are feeling optomistic that this is our last obstacle. Are we wrong?
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello dksngc ,

Sounds good. He will receive his visa upon correcting his passport. Remind him to check ALL dates on his visa also to make sure they have the correct info on it.

Was he given a paper stating what he was missing (correct passport in this case), or only verbally advised of it?

Congratulations!
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:24 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll echo Tara's words. It doesn't sound like he will be denied, it's just a temporary glitch. All the best!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k1 interview experience on June 30th

Looks like he will get the visa. If the whole interview was smooth, he would definately get his visa and if thats all they want from him.

Consider yourselves very lucky and blessed.

If you don't mind did they act very rude to your fiance? Any hardships encountered?

Revised from earlier message-my bad memories got the best of me again. But any way Danielle, he will get the visa. It might be delayed but eventually you will win through.

amy

Originally posted by dksngc
when do we get our visa?
Hello. I'm Danielle, makkabokka's fiancee. Well his interview is over. He will give a detailed account of what happened some other time but for now I just have a question.
Everything seemed to be fine other than a small problem with his passport. The wrong birthplace was put on it. So, when the interview was over, he was told to have this problem fixed and then to come back to show the passport again. They didnt make him take a new appointment. They said he could come back any working day.

So my question is, does this mean he is approved once he shows the passport with the correct information? Or can they still decline him or send him away to get some more documents? We are feeling optomistic that this is our last obstacle. Are we wrong?

Last edited by amys; Aug 3rd 2003 at 12:26 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Default Re: k1 interview experience on June 30th

Well, he got some very rude woman for his interview....brown hair and glasses. She yelled at him for the entire interview. Before my fiance arrived for the interview I faxed a letter to the embassy asking them to please not delay his visa since it has been such an agonizing process. I also swore that our relation was not fraudulent and that my parents would never support this if it was. This is of course all true. My fiance had to wait 3 hours before anyone spoke to him. Then some Indian woman came and collected some forms and documents from him. Then the mean American interviewed him. She asked him questions like "what is the date that you first met your fiancee? What is that date that you first told her you love her?" He didnt remember the exact dates and he told her this. She yelled at him for not remembering. She then asked "How long have you known your fiancee?" In his nervousness he said "Two hours" and then quickly corrected himself and said "I mean two years." She again yelled at him and asked if he needed an interpretor. She then asked about my father, God only knows why. Then she started to mention about the fact that he is Hindu and I am Christian but before she could go further she was interrupted and she didnt ask any more about it. That was one of our biggest fears. We read that differences like race and religion can delay things. At no point did she ask to see our emails, our pictures, our letters, any proof that I was ever in India.....but there, right in front of her, was my fax!! That is one thing that worries me. Why wouldn't she ask for those things that are so important in seemingly all other interviews??

Shekhar (my fiance) is working to fix our little passport problem but when he is finished he will surely post exactly what happened. This forum has been so so so much help and I dont think things would have gone so smoothly if we didnt read all the info here. We are feeling pretty confident about the visa now...with only one or two tiny doubts. If he gets the visa upon fixing his passport we will be togher within a couple weeks!!! I'm so happy I could cry. Nine months of working for this is finally paying off. Thanks to everyone who helped us during this process.

[
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

He was given written instructions to correct his passport. I'm feeling very confident.

Originally posted by tara
Hello dksngc ,

Sounds good. He will receive his visa upon correcting his passport. Remind him to check ALL dates on his visa also to make sure they have the correct info on it.

Was he given a paper stating what he was missing (correct passport in this case), or only verbally advised of it?

Congratulations!