Wikiposts

K1 Interview

Old Aug 11th 2015, 12:51 am
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Interview

Hi Guys,

So, I have today, received my date. 14th September. In addition my BF had sent over his 1040 tax returns documents along with a copy of his passport (show US Citizenship) and his signed hard copy, I-134.
Along with these papers, he included another notarised intent to marry letter. However, on that document, there is a couple of errors.
For some reason, its got ATTN: I 128F instead of (129-F) written on the top it, and on the other side, Notary acknowledgment, where the notary signed it, its been written as Finance statement of intent as oppose to Fiancé.
Will these errors be a big no on the day of the interview?
I get so annoyed when 'read proofing' never gets done.
In addition, I do hope that his passport copy is just as good as his birth certificate.
I have just now re-done my intent to marry letter, but this is not notarised. Is this ok? As when I originally queried to the embassy a few months about our delay on this whole thing, they said to have HIM do the notarised letter, but there was no mention of myself having to do so aswell.

Thanks guys, I am so nervous, and I shall be in touch again to compile my list of documents that I have already, and to make sure all is well with that.
Wow, I cannot believe, we both have finally now reached this end of it as the delay from last summer, felt eternal, to re start this again!!
Old Aug 11th 2015, 4:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview

Originally Posted by florida12
... on the other side, Notary acknowledgment, where the notary signed it...
Why on earth did he bother to get it notarized? There's no such requirement.

Will these errors be a big no on the day of the interview?
The errors are trivial and of no matter at all.

I do hope that his passport copy is just as good as his birth certificate.
Yes, it will be.

Ian
Old Aug 11th 2015, 8:32 am

Thank you Ian.
I was told by the embassy, a few months back, via email to a response to my query on my delay of petition, that my USBF had, to notarised a brand new Intent of letter.
I take it then, I wouldn't need to then for my one. He paid $10 to have it notarised. Not sure why, I was instructed to have his letter notarised. I believe because of the timescale, I am not sure, due to our delay.
Pheww to the minor errors. And I am very happy his passport will be suffice. Thank you!
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was told by the embassy, a few months back, via email to a response to my query on my delay of petition, that my USBF had, to notarised a brand new Intent of letter.
They lied... notarization has never been a requirement for the letter of intent to marry.

Ian
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:48 am

I wonder why they would have told me that then? Oh well. Its done now. And I feel better it has been done that way, just in case its noted on my case that it is expected to be done. Interesting to see if anyone else was told this.
In the meantime, I shall be back on here with a run down of all the documents that I have, in case I've forgotten anything. I shall allow myself 2 weeks prior in case its one that my USBF needs to post out to me. Thank you Ian and everyone else so far on your expertise on this journey. Nerve wrecking but glad to have done it with the help of this forum.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 11:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The "embassy" help line is manned by contact workers who really know nothing about the immigration process and requirements. You can never rely on any information they give you.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2015, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The "embassy" help line is manned by contact workers who really know nothing about the immigration process and requirements. You can never rely on any information they give you.

Rene
I never knew that. I shall bear that in mind. The email i received from them was very legit...so i took their word as gospel!
My USBF even called them a few months back, when there was a phoneline to call to & he was told the same. Oh well. We're practically done now i cannot frown upon anything like this. Just glad that I have now got a date & i am psyched up to make sure it goes well.
Thank you Rene.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 7:47 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

"Notarized" in the case of a letter like this just means the quasi official attests the person signing is who they say they are. It does not make the content any truer, or more enforceable, so it is inherently pointless, really. No harm in it, though.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by RICH
"Notarized" in the case of a letter like this just means the quasi official attests the person signing is who they say they are. It does not make the content any truer, or more enforceable, so it is inherently pointless, really. No harm in it, though.
Well I wont be notarising my own intent of letter then. Thank you Rich. I am glad that I bought this up as it may come up again with someone else in the future.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 7:04 am

Another question guys. Perhaps silly, but just checking. Visa fee. It states $265. Is this actually in dollars or is just put like that, but is actually in pounds?
Thank you
Old Aug 12th 2015, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Is this actually in dollars...
Yes.

Ian
Old Aug 12th 2015, 1:29 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand, the notary date might be significant in this particular case.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 1:25 am

Hi guys. So I am sending a last minute...'Double Check' on the list of documents that I have ready for my K1 interview next week Monday...

1: Visa Appt letter
2: Printed registered & payment confirmation for Interview ( chosen delivery office)
3: USC statement of intent
4: UKC statement of intent
5: Printed confirmation of UKC DS-160
6: Copy of 'Approved Petition' letter
7: Copy of I-129F stamped approved.
8: USC original & signed I-134 affidavit of support
9: Set of..both in UK & USA sizes of passport photos. 4 each. All taken back in May 2015
10: USC copies of tax returns. 2010-2014
11: USC copies of July & Aug 2015 bank statements
12: UKC ACPO Police Certficate ( June 2015 )
13: USC copy of his USA Passport
14: UKC copy of FULL Birth certificate ( Given sept 2014 )
15: Photos of our relationship..together. Myself with his family in USA (Nov 2014)
16: Plane Itinerary & Boarding passes etc travel to USA & USC copy of itinerary & boarding passes of visiting UK.

I have also filed my DR medical letter that was requested at the medical appt, just in case.

Now before I use up a lot of my expensive black printer ink..
What documents from the above list do I need, to make copies of?
And... Is my list correct or, dare I ask... Have I missed something important from it?

Thank you everyone... Nerves kicking in.

Last edited by florida12; Sep 10th 2015 at 1:28 am.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 4:04 am
Account Closed

I am sending a last minute...'Double Check' on the list of documents that I have ready for my K1 interview next week Monday...
I think you have everything! Good job.

What documents from the above list do I need, to make copies of?
You aren't required to make copies of anything you have, so long as you don't mind parting with the stuff you have if they ask for it. For your own records (and peace of mind), make copies of anything that can't otherwise be easily duplicated.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2015, 9:23 am

Brill! Good to know. I was worried I had to spend some portion of the weekend, photocopying all or most of those documents.
I am so glad, that, from your extensive expertise on this matter that, I seem to have everything!
Phew! Thank you so much Ian, for your help and knowledge during my journey, up to this point. Aswell as to the other valuable members on this site! So thank you all!
Now, to just remain calm and positive.
I am so glad that my I have all and the correct documents for next Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.