Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1/G 325a question about employment

Wikiposts

K1/G 325a question about employment

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:48 pm

judithjosie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1/G 325a question about employment

My fiance and I are filling out the G 325a. We have some questions about the past employment and adresses questions.

I have had the same employment since the summer of 2008, as bar manager of a country club which is closed in the winter for obvious reasons. At which time i find another job for the winter months. how would i state this on the form?
In example would i state it like this:

Country Club job : april 08-present
Other job A : sept 09-present
Job: B : sept 08- sept 09
Country club job : april 08 - present ?????
Job: C : sept 07 - april 08

Do I put the Country Club job only at the top one or also again down in the list?

In the past 5 years I have also been a full time student and therefore did not have a job. Do I put it down as 'Unemployed' or 'Unemployed/Student' or 'Unemployed' specify: 'Student'?

I decided to put the sheet as an attachment as not everything fits, so should I otherwise write a brief explanation (2-3 sentences) about my job situation or is this not appreciated?

Furthermore, on the attached sheet I typed: ATTACHMENT QUESTION: APPLICANT'S RESIDENCE LAST FIVE YEARS. Then I made a table where all the adresses fit (+ a possible explanation of 2-3 sentences) and under that I wrote a line with my full name, a signature line and the date.

What do you guys think? Thanks for all your help.

- Jake
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1/G 325a question about employment

Originally Posted by judithjosie
I have had the same employment since the summer of 2008, as bar manager of a country club which is closed in the winter for obvious reasons.
Even though you don't work during the winter at this job, are you still considered an employee during that time? If yes, then just list the job once: 2008 - present.

In the past 5 years I have also been a full time student and therefore did not have a job.
If you didn't work, don't list it. The question doesn't ask for you to account for every year you've lived. It asks about employment... which is not the same as "student" or "unemployed".

What do you guys think?
I think you should simplify. Take the questions at face value and don't elaborate.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Even though you don't work during the winter at this job, are you still considered an employee during that time? If yes, then just list the job once: 2008 - present.
Thank you Ian, I am still being considered an employee at the time.

So how exactly should I order it now?

Country Club job : april 08-present
Other job A : sept 09-present
Job: B : sept 08- sept 09
Country club job : april 08 - present ?????
Job: C : sept 07 - april 08

So should I just place it once, at first? (april 08 - present)

Also, my fiancee has lived at one place since 97 but has lived abroad 3 times. We wrote it down like this, but if we put the employment address also once maybe we should change this then also. We now have it like this:

Home address - jun 09 - present
Asia address - feb 09 - jun 09
Home address dec 09 - feb 09
Us jul 08 - dec 09
Home address jun 06- jul 08
Us - aug 05 - jun 06
Home address nov 97- aug 05

should we otherwise just state it like this:

Home adress nov 97 - present
Asia address - feb 09 - jun 09
Us jul 08 - dec 09
Us - aug 05 - jun 06

Thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So how exactly should I order it now?
As I said, just list it once. I wouldn't even bother with any jobs that only lasted a month or two. The G-325A is an archaic form that's included for legacy purposes.

Also, my fiancee has lived at one place since 97 but has lived abroad 3 times. We wrote it down like this, but if we put the employment address also once maybe we should change this then also.
Was he, in fact, actually living abroad... or were they just short term work assignments? In other words, did he actually make a permanent move to these other places... or were they temporary while he maintained a residence in his home country? If they were temporary, then there's no need to include them. Again, take the question at face value... don't try to interpret the question to fit your circumstances.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jake,

My two cents: If it makes you feel more comfortable to list everything out in detail, there's nothing wrong with that. On the G-325A, in the appropriate area, just write "see attached", and then attached the separate page showing the details. You can do the same for the other G-325A too, if you want to list more details.

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As I said, just list it once. I wouldn't even bother with any jobs that only lasted a month or two. The G-325A is an archaic form that's included for legacy purposes.

Was he, in fact, actually living abroad... or were they just short term work assignments? In other words, did he actually make a permanent move to these other places... or were they temporary while he maintained a residence in his home country? If they were temporary, then there's no need to include them. Again, take the question at face value... don't try to interpret the question to fit your circumstances.

Ian
She was an exchange student and lived there for a year with a host family. Furthermore, she did a study abroad of 6 months and an internship abroad for 6 months.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Jake,

My two cents: If it makes you feel more comfortable to list everything out in detail, there's nothing wrong with that. On the G-325A, in the appropriate area, just write "see attached", and then attached the separate page showing the details. You can do the same for the other G-325A too, if you want to list more details.

Rene
Thank you, Rene!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:03 am
Account Closed

She was an exchange student and lived there for a year with a host family. Furthermore, she did a study abroad of 6 months and an internship abroad for 6 months.
I'm not sure how I can make this any easier for you to understand... you seem to want to change the question to fit the situation.

How this then... a simple yes/no question: did she have a permanent home to return to when she was done overseas? If the answer is no, then she actually lived in another country. If the answer is yes, then she was there only temporarily. Do you see the difference?

Ian