Wikiposts

K1 Forms Headache

Old May 19th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default K1 Forms Headache

Me again

I am working on my forms for my K1 application (got my embassy letter at the weekend) but am about banging my head off my wall at some of the questions...

I am working on the basis that if they ask it, they need to know and nothing can be incomplete or missed out unless it has a 'N/A' response... right?

Now, here's where my current frustration spawns from -
*DS-157 asking for Supervisor's name for my last two employers (these date back 6-7 years and I genuinely can't remember) and also not just months and years but also DAYS for Dates of Employment!!
*DS-157 asking for, again, the DAY that I began attending educational institutions (surely I am not the only person in the world who doesn't remember what day they started high school! )

Can anyone help me out with how you tackled stuff like this? I feel that they wouldn't like it much if I put '??' for the DAY part and I can't just make it up!?

Another questions: I note that the DS-156K form states that "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiancé(e)" is required, is this the case if this form is being used for a K1 application considering it's not a specific requirement per the embassy guidance? If yes, will a ring on my finger suffice??

Thanks
J

Last edited by jetbedlam; May 19th 2009 at 8:58 am.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Forms Headache

jb,

Enter information as best as you can remember it. If you don't remember days give only month and year, if you don't remember months give only year. If you don't remember names that's what you say, 'do not remember'.

Similar on the question of evidence of engagement - give 'em what you've got, whatever that is. You can't give them anything that doesn't exist.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Me again

I am working on my forms for my K1 application (got my embassy letter at the weekend) but am about banging my head off my wall at some of the questions...

I am working on the basis that if they ask it, they need to know and nothing can be incomplete or missed out unless it has a 'N/A' response... right?

Now, here's where my current frustration spawns from -
*DS-157 asking for Supervisor's name for my last two employers (these date back 6-7 years and I genuinely can't remember) and also not just months and years but also DAYS for Dates of Employment!!
*DS-157 asking for, again, the DAY that I began attending educational institutions (surely I am not the only person in the world who doesn't remember what day they started high school! )

Can anyone help me out with how you tackled stuff like this? I feel that they wouldn't like it much if I put '??' for the DAY part and I can't just make it up!?

Another questions: I note that the DS-156K form states that "Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiancé(e)" is required, is this the case if this form is being used for a K1 application considering it's not a specific requirement per the embassy guidance? If yes, will a ring on my finger suffice??

Thanks
J
Old May 19th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Thanks JEff. A very logical response, of course Not that I am entirely untrusting in my own thoughts on them asking for such detail, but it really does helps to hear it from someone else
Old May 19th 2009, 10:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks JEff. A very logical response, of course Not that I am entirely untrusting in my own thoughts on them asking for such detail, but it really does helps to hear it from someone else
Copies of our own forms are at home, but I'm pretty sure we also did not give specific dates on those forms, if we didn't know or couldn't remember.

As for evidence of engagement, you'll be showing whatever you have at the K-1 interview. We brought photos of us together over the years, and phone bills showing we were in regular communication.

Rene
Old May 20th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As for evidence of engagement, you'll be showing whatever you have at the K-1 interview. We brought photos of us together over the years, and phone bills showing we were in regular communication.
Thanks, I think I may have slightly misunderstood that requirement to be something to do with proving that you are engaged in a physical sense ie proof of purchase of a ring etc, which I thought seemed a bit much considering not everyone would bother with that side of things.

I will have the same set of proof of relationship as we submitted for the petition (updated by a few months) so hopefully that'll cover it
Old May 20th 2009, 8:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I think I may have slightly misunderstood that requirement to be something to do with proving that you are engaged in a physical sense ie proof of purchase of a ring etc, which I thought seemed a bit much considering not everyone would bother with that side of things.

I will have the same set of proof of relationship as we submitted for the petition (updated by a few months) so hopefully that'll cover it
That should be fine. My fiance and I had engagement rings on (yes, he had one too), so they could see them at the interview...but we had no receipt for them. We bought them for cash in Turkey and didn't get a receipt. We had no evidence that screamed "engaged", either.

Even when he got to the USA and we got married, we took no wedding photos, and that wasn't a problem for AOS, either.

Different couples will have different types of evidence.

Rene