Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 File not received at NVC??

Wikiposts

K1 File not received at NVC??

Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:47 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 File not received at NVC??

K-1 Visa
NOA1 from Nebraska recvd Feb 28, 2004
NOA2 recvd June 28th, 2004

Now it is July 24th and NVC's automated system says that they have not received the file and have no record of it. I have tried many times to get a real person at NVC, but i just get the same message saying that they are busy and it disconnects. I called the USCIS number and the only info they have is that the case was approved and should have reached NVC by now. They said to write a letter to the Nebraska service center and that there is no phone number or email address to contact them any other way.

I sent a letter to them Priority Mail 2 days ago, asking them to verify that the file was sent and received at NVC, but i really dont expect to get a response. Any suggestions about what i should do now? Maybe contact a senator? I'm so frustrated and worried.

- Marnee
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:21 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 File not received at NVC??

Originally posted by USA & Pakistan
K-1 Visa

Now it is July 24th and NVC's automated system says that they have not received the file and have no record of it. I have tried many times to get a real person at NVC, but i just get the same message saying that they are busy and it disconnects. I called the USCIS number and the only info they have is that the case was approved and should have reached NVC by now. They said to write a letter to the Nebraska service center and that there is no phone number or email address to contact them any other way.

I sent a letter to them Priority Mail 2 days ago, asking them to verify that the file was sent and received at NVC, but i really dont expect to get a response. Any suggestions about what i should do now? Maybe contact a senator? I'm so frustrated and worried.

- Marnee

Marnee, For what it's worth, my last run through of paperwork (130) from NOA from TSC/NSC to processing at NVC took a month so don't panic yet. As for getting an answer from them, I mailed NVC a certified letter regarding my husband's relocation to the US and got an answer in a week. Keep trying on the phone.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

silent-whispers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by USA & Pakistan
K-1 Visa

- Marnee
You're not alone..others who were approved at Nebraska were having the same problem, I believe some called friday and they were just receiving their file and they had the same noa2 date as you..
when calling the NVC, when you hear the message press 1, and when you hear it again press 2 for the live operator.
If they have received your file ask for the embassy case number.

Good Luck!
Old Jul 25th 2004, 5:03 am
Jeff AE

Marnee;

The automated system at NVC does not include K visas. I had the same
problem but I called them at 8 am Eastern time and got through. My case was
approved at the CA service center and sent to NVC on May 26th. When I
finally got through I found out my case was forwarded to the consulate on
June 8th so it only takes about 2 weeks for them to process the case.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Jeff
293 days and waiting...

Old Jul 25th 2004, 12:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Marnee,

As stated, the automated system at NVC does NOT include K visa information. You MUST speak to a live rep for that. Press 1, then 2 to speak to a live operator. Here's a hint: if you hear a message that says "you may want to try try out automated system..." just hang up, as you'll be on hold forever and get disconnected. If you get a message that says "you may have to wait longer than ___ number of minutes" just keep holding on, a life rep will be with you shortly.

A friend of mine with a Pakistani fiance just had her case go through NVC a couple of months ago....it was in and out of there in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that is the case for you, too.

Keep trying the phone, it's your best bet!

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:17 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got thru to the NVC this Monday morning. They were just entering our case as the person was checking it! But I got the new case number and so now we wait for the embassy to get it.
I guess i shouldn't have paniced, but thanks to everyone for the support and answers... it helped me get thru the weekend without jangled nerves!