Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Fiance Visa, Now Married - Whats next please?

Wikiposts

K1 Fiance Visa, Now Married - Whats next please?

Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future
Default K1 Fiance Visa, Now Married - Whats next please?

Hi everyone

Well im finally living over here (usa) and got married within the 90 day limit, 3 weeks ago. Moved from Britain to USA

Please can someone tell me what my next step is with regards to changing status, what forms i need and where i can download them from??

Id be really grateful as ever

Many thanks - Chris
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Fiance Visa, Now Married - Whats next please?

Originally Posted by Chrisw1968
Hi everyone

Well im finally living over here (usa) and got married within the 90 day limit, 3 weeks ago. Moved from Britain to USA

Please can someone tell me what my next step is with regards to changing status, what forms i need and where i can download them from??

Id be really grateful as ever

Many thanks - Chris
www.uscis.gov

I-485
I-864
G-325A
I-765 if you want to work
I-131 if you want to travel

Make sure you send them all in before July 30, fees are going way up then.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to get a vaccination supplement from a USCIS approved civil surgeon in your area.

Also don't forget to include the biometrics fee.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Don't forget to get a vaccination supplement from a USCIS approved civil surgeon in your area.

Also don't forget to include the biometrics fee.

Rene
Thanks Rene - Im really grateful

I had vaccinations when I went to the U.S Embassy medical exam - are these additional ones?

Many thanks again

Chris
Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:51 am

Thanks Rene - Im really grateful

I had vaccinations when I went to the U.S Embassy medical exam - are these additional ones?

Many thanks again

Chris
No, they aren't new vaccinations. You'll take your proof of having vaccinations done overseas, to a USCIS doctor in your area. He'll look it over, and fill out a form (he has the form, you don't need to supply it). He'll verify that you had the vaccinations done overseas, and give you the form in a sealed envelope. You'll include the envelope with your AOS package.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2007, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No, they aren't new vaccinations. You'll take your proof of having vaccinations done overseas, to a USCIS doctor in your area. He'll look it over, and fill out a form (he has the form, you don't need to supply it). He'll verify that you had the vaccinations done overseas, and give you the form in a sealed envelope. You'll include the envelope with your AOS package.

Rene
Thanks Rene, the help you have given me since i started this process has been immense, i really appreciate it
Old Jul 5th 2007, 4:03 am

Thanks Rene, the help you have given me since i started this process has been immense, i really appreciate it
No problem....let us know if you have questions on any of the forms.

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

There's also a preferred order that they like the forms.... But maybe I'm really leaping ahead here!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
There's also a preferred order that they like the forms.... But maybe I'm really leaping ahead here!

There is? Wow just think it took 9 years for me to find that out

As long as the check is on the top you are fine. Honestly. Regardless of the order of the documents. They will only unhook, unbind, and tear them apart to send to the right departments.

However, if you are generally conscientous about things it is the check then the I-485, all the accompanying forms and evidence, then the I-864 and all the accompanying forms and evidence and then the I-765, I-131 .... blah, blah, blah.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

You're right of course - they'll sort the forms out and put them in the preferred order. However, one can make life easier for them to begin with.
By 'them', I'm meaning the USCIS staff when one files in person - as I/we did.
I have the preferred 'running order' at home which is why I didn't list it...
It's not so important - unless you're a pedant!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by AlanR
By 'them', I'm meaning the USCIS staff when one files in person - as I/we did.
AOS can no longer be filed in person. All AOS packages are sent by mail to the Chicago lockbox address.

Rene