Wikiposts

K1 Fiance Visa Help

Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Fiance Visa Help

Hey all,

I'm new here so hi!

Got a query regarding the K1 fiance visa - I'm probably way overthinking this, but for the parts where I have to fill in my address - does it need to be the address I'm registered to on the UK Electoral Roll? I'm currently back in living with my mum and I'm registered to my dads address for the electoral roll (they divorced) - any ideas what I should put?

Thanks!
Old Sep 1st 2015, 12:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Fiance Visa Help

Originally Posted by ASJ63
... for the parts where I have to fill in my address - does it need to be the address I'm registered to on the UK Electoral Roll?
No... it's where you're actually living.

Since you're at the beginning of the journey, here's my 3 rules for filling out forms. If you follow them, you'll be fine... if you ignore any of them, you'll run into problems:

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe any meaning to the question beyond what is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your situation.

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2015, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian, does the electoral roll come into it at all? I'm probably needlessly worrying that I'm registered elsewhere!
Old Sep 1st 2015, 12:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ASJ63
... does the electoral roll come into it at all?
No. The US government has no interest in where you're registered... only where you actually are.

I'm probably needlessly worrying that I'm registered elsewhere!
You are - it's irrelevant. Besides, they're never going to check!

Ian
Old Sep 1st 2015, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No. The US government has no interest in where you're registered... only where you actually are.

You are - it's irrelevant. Besides, they're never going to check!

Ian
Thanks for this - I too was curious about address based questions based on the United Kingdom electoral register!
Old Sep 1st 2015, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

They want to know your address because that is where they are going to send you stuff in the mail.