Wikiposts

K1 Fiance Visa

Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

BritScott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Fiance Visa

I've have my visa and are ready to travel to the US very soon to get married on 1st December.I will be living there permanently after the wedding.

My fiance would like to go on a cruise around the Hawaiin islands for our honeymoon.I gather that I'm not able to leave the US until my status has been adjusted after the wedding.Does flying to Hawaii from Texas then cruising count as leaving the country?Will I be ok to travel?

Thank you for any advice.

Last edited by BritScott; Oct 24th 2007 at 5:37 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Fiance Visa

Originally Posted by BritScott
I've have my visa and are ready to travel to the US very soon to get married on 1st December.So far so good.

My fiance would like to go on a cruise around the Hawaiin islands for our honeymoon.I gather that I'm not able to leave the US until my status has been adjusted after the wedding.Does flying to Hawaii from Texas then cruising count as leaving the country?Will I be ok to travel?

You can travel once you have Advance Parole (AP) in hand. It takes about 60 days to get AP in hand after filing your AOS package.

As long as you have had no prior overstays in the USA, you shouldn't have a problem re-entering the USA using AP after the cruise.

Be aware that you will need to be back in the USA to attend you AOS and EAD biometrics appointments, and of course your AOS interview.

Rene
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can travel once you have Advance Parole (AP) in hand. It takes about 60 days to get AP in hand after filing your AOS package.

As long as you have had no prior overstays in the USA, you shouldn't have a problem re-entering the USA using AP after the cruise.

Be aware that you will need to be back in the USA to attend you AOS and EAD biometrics appointments, and of course your AOS interview.

Rene
If you're asking if you can go on the cruise without AP in hand, I don't know, but I wouldn't risk it myself. I don't know if they consider cruising as international travel, and you might have problems re-entering Hawaii after the cruise. Plus, you wouldn't be able to get off the ship anywhere that isn't US soil. Seems risky, to me. I'd wait until you have AP in hand before trying something like that. Heck, even flying to Hawaii would make me think twice...what if something happens on that flight, and it has to land somewhere other than Hawaii (non-USA somewhere)? You'd be in trouble if you left without AP.

I'd find somewhere in the continental USA to have a honeymoon, and save the Hawaii trip for an anniversary. But that's just me being my cautious self.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Josefsing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritScott
I've have my visa and are ready to travel to the US very soon to get married on 1st December.I will be living there permanently after the wedding.

I need 3 post to send personal message. I want to send one to you britscott. We are very similiar in our situation