Reload this Page >

k1 experience at Madrid

k1 experience at Madrid

Old Nov 12th 2002, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 experience at Madrid

Dear all,

So I got my visa last week and I am back home in the US !!! … I am over the moon and I wanted to thank the NG and everybody who answered my long and boring questions. Special thanks to scarlett, patrick, katesuiter, rete and many others I forget to mention ;-)

First of all and as many times before people said in this NG: There is nothing to worry about if you have all your paperwork with you. At least in Madrid, where the staff was friendly and cooperated to give me the visa in a few hours.

I had had the medical a month before so I only had to visit the Embassy that day. The day started early, at about 7 a.m. (of course no breakfast as my stomach was unhappy with the nerves !) and I was at the Embassy door by 8:30 a.m. even though I had an appoinment for 11 a.m. (who can sleep in that situation …?). I left my cell phone at the door, told my name and came in. I sat down and somebody pointed out to me: “it is nice to be early but they´ll call you at 11…�
Well, that was exactly what happened. I spent two hours watching people and biting my nails so my advice to anyone going through this embassy is: just be ON TIME, they won´t pay you more attention for being early...

The first woman who called me asked for the documents: copies and originals (including the x-ray!!!). I got all of them out of my gigantic bag. She had a look at them (my heart was pounding) and gave the originals, except the affidavit, back with a smile (good!)… then she asked me to sit down again. I did. Back to eating my nails and eat some chocolate I had in my bag… Abut ten minutes later another woman called me and asked to sit down in a chair. It was not very private but I didn´t care. She asked me to raise my hand and swear and then I signed the forms I had send in advance 156 and 156K. I did and felt excited. I was pretty far… Then the woman asked how did we meet while looking at the paperwork. I told her… she did some more small talk and then told me to come back to pick up the visa at 5 p.m.

That was all !!! And all that time I was shaking for nothing…

I got back (believe me, still nervous!!!!) at 5 and again very on time they gave me the visa and the misterious brown sealed envelope ;-)

I posted my experience at the POE at kamya… if anybody has questions regarding this particular embassy or I can help with my experience just PM me…

best,
groovy
Old Nov 12th 2002, 8:54 pm
Scarlett

Default Re: k1 experience at Madrid

all the best in your new life, groovy ))

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 12th 2002, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k1 experience at Madrid

Congrats groovy. I hope it's smooth sailing for everyone else. We probably won't be able to keep from biting our nails , but it's nice to know it's a pleasant experience for some people at least

Please post your timeline when you have a chance and include the service center you dealt with. It will help everyone.

Ange

Originally posted by groovy
Dear all,

So I got my visa last week and I am back home in the US !!! … I am over the moon and I wanted to thank the NG and everybody who answered my long and boring questions. Special thanks to scarlett, patrick, katesuiter, rete and many others I forget to mention ;-)

First of all and as many times before people said in this NG: There is nothing to worry about if you have all your paperwork with you. At least in Madrid, where the staff was friendly and cooperated to give me the visa in a few hours.

I had had the medical a month before so I only had to visit the Embassy that day. The day started early, at about 7 a.m. (of course no breakfast as my stomach was unhappy with the nerves !) and I was at the Embassy door by 8:30 a.m. even though I had an appoinment for 11 a.m. (who can sleep in that situation …?). I left my cell phone at the door, told my name and came in. I sat down and somebody pointed out to me: “it is nice to be early but they´ll call you at 11…�
Well, that was exactly what happened. I spent two hours watching people and biting my nails so my advice to anyone going through this embassy is: just be ON TIME, they won´t pay you more attention for being early...

The first woman who called me asked for the documents: copies and originals (including the x-ray!!!). I got all of them out of my gigantic bag. She had a look at them (my heart was pounding) and gave the originals, except the affidavit, back with a smile (good!)… then she asked me to sit down again. I did. Back to eating my nails and eat some chocolate I had in my bag… Abut ten minutes later another woman called me and asked to sit down in a chair. It was not very private but I didn´t care. She asked me to raise my hand and swear and then I signed the forms I had send in advance 156 and 156K. I did and felt excited. I was pretty far… Then the woman asked how did we meet while looking at the paperwork. I told her… she did some more small talk and then told me to come back to pick up the visa at 5 p.m.

That was all !!! And all that time I was shaking for nothing…

I got back (believe me, still nervous!!!!) at 5 and again very on time they gave me the visa and the misterious brown sealed envelope ;-)

I posted my experience at the POE at kamya… if anybody has questions regarding this particular embassy or I can help with my experience just PM me…

best,
groovy
Old Nov 12th 2002, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default timeline

Thank you girls...

I won´t be far from the NG as I will need a lot of help with the AOS and I believe Scarlett will go for it pretty soon too ! ;-)

Anyway, here is goes timeline as far as I remember:

July 21 send I-129 to VSC
Get 1st NOA a week later
Get 2 NOA a month later
August 21 packet 3 arrives from Embassy
September 19 get medical
September 25 packet 4 arrives from Embassy, date set for November6
November 6 Interview and visa issued

Hope it helps.
Best,
groovy