K1 denied, now what?

Old Apr 16th 2019, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Whymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy K1 denied, now what?

I am a UK citizen looking to marry a US citizen.

I went to my K1 interview today in London and was denied due to two shoplifting convictions in the UK (both fines under 100 GBP) that happened 20 years ago when I was 18 years old (now 39).

The lady told me that I can however apply for am i-212 waiver.

I read something about if these convictions are over 15 years ago I have a good chance. Is this the case? Is the waiver worth going for? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 10:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 denied, now what?

Yes, the waiver is worth going for due to the nature of the crime and their age.

The rule of thumb seems to be if you are recommended for a waiver, it will be approved.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds more like a I 601.
Well prepared waivers are usually approved.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 9:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sounds more like a I 601.
Well prepared waivers are usually approved.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem. He was recommended for the I 212 waiver
Old Apr 20th 2019, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Do you have a reading comprehension problem. He was recommended for the I 212 waiver
How does that help for 2 CIMT's?
Old Apr 21st 2019, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Alba2018 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's little confusing. Is E-212 specific K1 and I-601 to CR-1?

I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal
https://www.uscis.gov/i-212

If you are inadmissible under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 212(a)(9)(A) or (C), you must ask for consent to reapply for admission to the United States (consent to reapply) before you can lawfully return to the United States. Consent to reapply is also called “permission to reapply.” You should use this application to seek consent to reapply.

I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
https://www.uscis.gov/i-601

If you are inadmissible to the United States and are seeking an immigrant visa, adjustment of status, certain nonimmigrant statuses or certain other immigration benefits, you must file this form to seek a waiver of certain grounds of inadmissibility. Please refer to the instructions to determine whether you should use this form.

Evidence to support a waiver of criminal grounds of inadmissibility found in INA section 212(a)(2) (if applicable)
Old Apr 21st 2019, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

OP should have received some letter. I would speak to an attorney about this.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect OP means “waiver of INA section 212 ineligibility.” I think Boiler is correct that it’d be an I-601.