K1 denial?

Old Mar 21st 2004, 6:55 am
Just Joined

john21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 denial?

Hi there. I am currently going through the process of the K1 application. Just recently obviously through my own stupidity I got pulled over for drink driving. Tis will obviously be on my record (1st offence with nothing else at all on my record). Does anyone know if this will affect my chances of being approved? what are the chances of getting approved despite this? If someone can let me know...many thanks for your assistance.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 denial?

Originally posted by john21
Hi there. I am currently going through the process of the K1 application. Just recently obviously through my own stupidity I got pulled over for drink driving. Tis will obviously be on my record (1st offence with nothing else at all on my record). Does anyone know if this will affect my chances of being approved? what are the chances of getting approved despite this? If someone can let me know...many thanks for your assistance.

Disscusion and upkeep: on the forums page of visajourney.com.
There is a letter there from Steve regarding these issues.
Keep smiling I reckon you will be fine?

Susanna
Old Mar 21st 2004, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Susanna
Disscusion and upkeep: on the forums page of visajourney.com.
There is a letter there from Steve regarding these issues.
Keep smiling I reckon you will be fine?

Susanna
Thanks Susanna. I will go have a look at that web page. I def need a big smile on my face so hopefully things will work out. Thanks again!

John.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Are you the US citizen?

Old Mar 21st 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=records
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:06 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that link, Steve. The only problem with that is that it says the USC has to write the letter of hardship. We were told that the letter must be written by the foreign spouse, not the USC. That link clearly says otherwise. Because we were confused by so much conflicting information like this, we both wrote a hardship letter when we submitted the waiver application. Unfortunately, they cannot use what I wrote, and are now asking for more information. When Steven responds to the "RFE" letter, he will include the hardships that I had mentioned in MY letter and document them.
That link is useful to understand what hardships are, but can be misleading for the actual filing process.
Hope my experience can help
Clare

Originally posted by Steve2003
Here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=records
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Thanks for that link, Steve. The only problem with that is that it says the USC has to write the letter of hardship. We were told that the letter must be written by the foreign spouse, not the USC. That link clearly says otherwise. Because we were confused by so much conflicting information like this, we both wrote a hardship letter when we submitted the waiver application. Unfortunately, they cannot use what I wrote, and are now asking for more information. When Steven responds to the "RFE" letter, he will include the hardships that I had mentioned in MY letter and document them.
That link is useful to understand what hardships are, but can be misleading for the actual filing process.
Hope my experience can help
Clare
Interesting. Can anyone verify this, and I will update the information. Currently the I-601 form reads (for the signiture blanks):

Signature (of applicant or petitioning relative)

Relationship to applicant

Signature (of person preparing application, if not the applicant or petitioning relative). I declare that this document was prepared by me at the request of the applicant or petitioning relative, and is based on all information of which I have any knowledge.

I think it is possible that both parties could be able to fill this out, but in this case (previous post), it seems to indicate that the foreign fiance (or spouse) needs to.

Last edited by Steve2003; Mar 22nd 2004 at 12:21 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:08 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again...the paperwork I was referring to is the actual hardship letter. The website says the USC should write the letter when actually the letter must be written by the foreign fiance/spouse...showing hardship to the USC.
I believe the 601 application form is filled out by the USC and signed by both the USC and the foreign applicant. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
Clare

Originally posted by Steve2003
Interesting. Can anyone verify this, and I will update the information. Currently the I-601 form reads (for the signiture blanks):

Signature (of applicant or petitioning relative)

Relationship to applicant

Signature (of person preparing application, if not the applicant or petitioning relative). I declare that this document was prepared by me at the request of the applicant or petitioning relative, and is based on all information of which I have any knowledge.

I think it is possible that both parties could be able to fill this out, but in this case (previous post), it seems to indicate that the foreign fiance (or spouse) needs to.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by lpdiver
Are you the US citizen?
No Iam a British citizen...this is where it happened. My fiance is an American citizen.