Reload this Page >

k1 and being actually married or not

k1 and being actually married or not

Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

NotworkSte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 and being actually married or not

Hi there,
Bored at work and got an overactive imagination. This is nothing to do with me (or anyone else I know!)

If, for example a US citizen and a UK citizen got married in the UK, and thought that perhaps the k1 would be faster than starting CR1 from scratch, and applied for the k1, is there any way USCIS or NVC/embassy would know there had been a prior marriage? I know not telling them could get you into a world of pain later, but do they take your word for it you are not alreadt married, or do they, at any stage, actually search for marriage for you in the beneficiaries country?

As for myself, I am just waiting for case to be completed at nvc before it moves to the embassy, so not too long left to go

-NWS
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 and being actually married or not

Assuming they didn't check and issed a visa, you would then have to get "married" within 90 days in the US, the marriage certificate obtained would then need to be the basis for all your further contact with USCIS, AOS, citizensship etc which as you say sounds likely to end in a world of pain.