Wikiposts

K1 (Arranged Merrage)

Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 (Arranged Merrage)

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has experince with K1 visa while requirement of meeting fience has not been met.

I've known my fience all my life. We even have pictures together but I didn't happen to be there in last 2 years. Its more like 2.5 or 3 years ago. I am originaly from pakistan and its an arrange merriage.

Has anyone experienced this?

- Sean
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 (Arranged Merrage)

Originally posted by sean007
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has experince with K1 visa while requirement of meeting fience has not been met.

I've known my fience all my life. We even have pictures together but I didn't happen to be there in last 2 years. Its more like 2.5 or 3 years ago. I am originaly from pakistan and its an arrange merriage.

- Sean
Hi Sean

It seems that if you've seen her about 3 years ago, then you don't qualify for waiving the requirement of having met within the past 2 years. You obviously are allowed to meet each other in person before marriage. I would say you will have to see her again in person before filing the I-129F.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply. What you said make sense. Do you think if I hadn't met my fience and we were not allowed to meet before merraige, would that be a differenent case? Would the requirement of meeting your fience be waived at that point?

- Sean

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Sean

It seems that if you've seen her about 3 years ago, then you don't qualify for waiving the requirement of having met within the past 2 years. You obviously are allowed to meet each other in person before marriage. I would say you will have to see her again in person before filing the I-129F.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply. What you said make sense. Do you think if I hadn't met my fience and we were not allowed to meet before merraige, would that be a differenent case? Would the requirement of meeting your fience be waived at that point?

- Sean
Do a search on this newsgroup for Farhan - he recently brought his fiance here and got the requirement waived. He can answer your questions much better than I can.

Good Luck and Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:03 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

- Sean
If you had never met her before then yes, it would be a different case. I would have to agree with Noorah101 that since you have mether in the past that this would not apply to you. Then again I'm in no way an expert on the subject.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:11 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

- Sean
If you had never met her before then yes, it would be a different case. I would have to agree with Noorah101 that since you have mether in the past that this would not apply to you. Then again I'm in no way an expert on the subject.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 4:22 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Do a search on this newsgroup for Farhan - he recently brought his fiance here and got the requirement waived.
Is Farhan actually BACK yet? If I remember, he has never met his fiancee, and claimed that for religious reasons he could not meet her prior to the marriage (hence the waiver). We were all concerned about him because after saying that and getting the I-129F approved, he headed to Pakistan to "bring her back" with him... which kind of made the whole "waiver" a dangerous mis-representation to the USCIS.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for him, but some of us are certain it will bite him sooner or later. USCIS people tend to read the files carefully. A simple misstep and he can be in deep deep doodoo.

I'd suggest just going by the book. You've met your fiancee before, n' maybe a trip to see her and to satisfy the 2 year requirement is not so bad. Of course, with the current political situation, you may be able to get the requirement waived (since you've known each other all your life, have pictures, and have a cultural arranged marriage clause going for you.)

I'm hoping the legal beagles will chime in! The easy thing to do is to just go and see her again and meet the requirements.

Elly
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:12 pm

Originally posted by Elenfair
Is Farhan actually BACK yet?
Hi Elly,
Farhan is back safe and sound with his fiancee. See his recent post to that effect :-)
Rene
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:52 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Elly,
Farhan is back safe and sound with his fiancee. See his recent post to that effect :-)
Rene

I'm relieved!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Why not request a waiver? The answer will be either yes or no. I think I would make the trip anyway. What are your true reasons for not traveling to see her...religion, finances, or something else. Honesty matters.

Hello All,

- Sean
Old Dec 31st 2003, 6:53 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
Why not request a waiver? The answer will be either yes or no.
I've not had the opportunity yet to request this type of waiver in a fiancée case, however I would only do so if I thought it had a very good chance of being granted. Why? Because it is likely going to take the same amount of time to make it to an officer for adjudication (months) and the same filing fee will have to be paid ($110.00) just to file the darn thing, and after spending that money and waiting all that time, the odds are it would be denied and he'd be back to square 1.

So if he has an extra 6 months to spare (or how ever long it is taking his service center to get an I-129f to an officer for adjudication) and he does not mind going back to square 1 after waiting all that time, then sure file a frivolous I-129f waiver (of the meeting requirement) case. All he has to lose is time, and money :-).
Old Dec 31st 2003, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

If it were his true religeous conviction then I personally would not consider it frivolous. Hence my question why he was filing? Maybe he knew her before his marriage had been "arranged". Or maybe he's just trying to save a buck. I allowed him the benifit of the doubt and opted for true religeous reasons.

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I've not had the opportunity yet to request this type of waiver in a fiancée case, however I would only do so if I thought it had a very good chance of being granted. Why? Because it is likely going to take the same amount of time to make it to an officer for adjudication (months) and the same filing fee will have to be paid ($110.00) just to file the darn thing, and after spending that money and waiting all that time, the odds are it would be denied and he'd be back to square 1.

So if he has an extra 6 months to spare (or how ever long it is taking his service center to get an I-129f to an officer for adjudication) and he does not mind going back to square 1 after waiting all that time, then sure file a frivolous I-129f waiver (of the meeting requirement) case. All he has to lose is time, and money :-).
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:25 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
If it were his true religeous conviction then I personally would not consider it frivolous. Hence my question why he was filing? Maybe he knew her before his marriage had been "arranged". Or maybe he's just trying to save a buck. I allowed him the benifit of the doubt and opted for true religeous reasons.
All I did was answer your question, "Why not request a waiver?".

My answer: The likely loss of time and (less importantly) money.

You mentioned that all they can do is say yes or no, and I pointed out that it might take them the same amount of time to say no as it does for them to approve a petition not asking for this waiver (and actually it might even take longer than this as I’ve always been told that there are more steps involved in issuing a denial than an approval, and thus it takes them longer in the denial context).
Old Dec 31st 2003, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually my questions were more at the OP. I had no knowledge that he would be adding six or months of time to only be told that he had to go against his religious beliefs. Interesting. I guess I was wondering what his frame of mind was. I just bristled a bit at your labeling of his religious convictions as frivolous, and yes I know that wasn't your intent.

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
All I did was answer your question, "Why not request a waiver?".

My answer: The likely loss of time and (less importantly) money.

You mentioned that all they can do is say yes or no, and I pointed out that it might take them the same amount of time to say no as it does for them to approve a petition not asking for this waiver (and actually it might even take longer than this as I’ve always been told that there are more steps involved in issuing a denial than an approval, and thus it takes them longer in the denial context).
Old Jan 1st 2004, 3:32 am
Paul Gani

"lpdiver" <member15505@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Actually my questions were more at the OP. I had no knowledge that he
    > would be adding six or months of time to only be told that he had to
    > go against his religious beliefs. Interesting. I guess I was wondering
    > what his frame of mind was. I just bristled a bit at your labeling of
    > his religious convictions as frivolous, and yes I know that wasn't
    > your intent.

There are no religions to my knowledge that forbid or even discourage a
prospective husband and wife from meeting prior to marriage.

However, some areas of the world have cultural traditions in which such
practices are common.

Paulgani

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.