Wikiposts

K1 approved ! YaY :o)

Old May 8th 2002, 10:20 pm
Jan

Default K1 approved ! YaY :o)

YaY ... my K1 was approved in london on Tues,

Arrived late at the docs due to heavy traffic on M1 combined with lack of map reading
ability.(in short we got lost and ended up parked at the Barbican!) However i wasnt
the only one who was late so all was well. The wait for the medical was far more
stressful than the medi itself. Had x-ray done, doc filled a form out for us to get
immunisations at a later date. Both my K2 boys were extremely nervous of the medical
part but no worries there either. Over to the embassy, handed in all forms etc and
signed DS 156, didnt have any problem with no permission for 16 yr old to leave
country. They seemed to assume if he had decided he wanted to go that was good enough
for them. My 20 yr old was a little shocked when given the info on conscription ( any
immigrants between the ages of 18 and 26 must be available for conscription). Sat for
a while again, then we were called to a booth and asked few easy questions, (how much
does ur fiance make? had i visited michigan before ? had he visited here ? had the
boys met him? Easy as that, told to sit and wait for medical results and 1/2 hour
later was proud owner of 3 brown envelopes and 3 stamped passports ) . I remembered
to ask if my original petition had been revalidated, answer was yes , this was done
when they received letter from fiance requesting extension back in March.

So now i have 13 days of running round like something possessed before we fly to
Detroit on 21st

All the best

Jan )

Old May 8th 2002, 10:20 pm
Blue Jjjj312412

Default Re: K1 approved ! YaY :o)

Congratulations Jan and boys, I have 2 teenage girls and they are dreading the med
and interview in London also, well done to you all , bestwishes for your future,
Jacqueline

Old May 9th 2002, 12:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 approved ! YaY :o)

Congratulations Jan

For those not familiar with the term conscription Jan means that her 20 year old son must register with the Selective Services. That is not the "draft" which those of us old enough to remember the Vietnam War know. It is just a registration. Chances of his being called to active service are slim.

Jan one note since your son is already 20. He must be full adjusted in status by his 21st birthday. Since you are going to Michigan to live do hope you will be using the Detroit or Sault Ste. Marie INS office so that you three can be adjusted immediately.

Once again congratulations.