Reload this Page >

K1 application confirmation

K1 application confirmation

Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Grabar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 application confirmation

Hi all,

the ball is finally moving on my K1 application (NOA1 26/7/10, NOA2 2/2/11), and so I am now getting everything together in advance of my embassy application.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could confirm a couple of things:

-the affidavit of support I require is the I-134 (and not the I-864), and it is fine for my future father-in-law to be my sponsor

-further to the above, my sponsor's salary is above the 125% guideline and I have his latest tax return as proof. I will not require documents detailing his savings account or other assets etc.

thanks in advance
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Grabar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 application confirmation

Ps - additionally, the federal tax return I have is for 2009; is this sufficient or would I need further documents from employers etc?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grabar
-the affidavit of support I require is the I-134 (and not the I-864), and it is fine for my future father-in-law to be my sponsor
Yes, and yes.

-further to the above, my sponsor's salary is above the 125% guideline and I have his latest tax return as proof. I will not require documents detailing his savings account or other assets etc.
Yes. Realize though that the 125% is not binding on an I-134... in other words, the officer can always reject the I-134 as insufficient. It doesn't usually happen, but it does happen.

Ps - additionally, the federal tax return I have is for 2009; is this sufficient or would I need further documents from employers etc?
The return shows what he earned 2 years ago; it doesn't indicate his current earnings. That being the case, you should include several recent payslips.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grabar
The sponsor will need to include proof of his current income/assets, whatever he is using to sponsor you. If income, then probably a letter from his employer and/or several recent pay stubs. If assets, then several recent bank statements showing the savings in the account, or other documents showing the value of the assets he's using.

Only the most recent tax return is required (2009 is fine), but be aware that sometimes the ConOff asks for the most recent 3 years of tax returns.

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the wiki entry, particularly the part about "Affidavit of Support" which details the type of evidence required at the interview.

K1 London Financial Support

As ever, don't forget about the I-864 which will be required for your AOS application after marriage.