K1 AOS vaccines

Old May 28th 2018, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Danimal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 AOS vaccines

When I had my k1 medical in London, they told me I was missing 1 shot (2nd dose of MMR; I had the first when I was a kid). I opted to get it done while I’m in the USA. I’m currently in the USA with my fiancé and I believe to get shots for this purpose you have to visit a US civil surgeon? I called the local one today and they said they don’t have vaccines and that I’d have to visit the local health department to get it. Is this correct? I’m really unsure of the process for this. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old May 28th 2018, 3:49 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 AOS vaccines

Originally Posted by Danimal
When I had my k1 medical in London, they told me I was missing 1 shot (2nd dose of MMR; I had the first when I was a kid). I opted to get it done while I’m in the USA. I’m currently in the USA with my fiancé and I believe to get shots for this purpose you have to visit a US civil surgeon? I called the local one today and they said they don’t have vaccines and that I’d have to visit the local health department to get it. Is this correct? I’m really unsure of the process for this. Any help would be great. Thanks

Where in the states are you? Who is providing your health coverage? Do you have a prescription benefit? In some states, many vaccines are given in pharmacies.
Old May 28th 2018, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Where in the states are you? Who is providing your health coverage? Do you have a prescription benefit? In some states, many vaccines are given in pharmacies.
I’m in Ohio. I don’t have health insurance or a prescription benefit because I’m not a citizen yet. I’m here on a K1 visa
Old May 28th 2018, 4:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to be a citizen to get health insurance. After you marry your USC, you can get added to his health insurance and get it done then.

Rene
Old May 28th 2018, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

As Rene said.

Getting married, having children, adopting children (and a few other things) will allow your spouse to change/modify their healthcare elections/enrollments.

It's a qualifying life event, get them to add you.
Old May 28th 2018, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to a pharmacy and ask them, or phone your county health department for advice. They may offer it for free.
Old May 28th 2018, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Get the second shot as stated above. Get paper proof that you have received it. Then make an appointment at the US civil/panel physician for the updated medical supplement (I-693 I believe) to either submit with the AOS paperwork after marriage or bring with you to the AOS interview if you have one.

PS Why didn't you get it in the UK?
Old May 29th 2018, 12:28 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In picking up a prescription yesterday at my local CVS, I noticed a list of available innoculations, and MMR was on the list.