K1 - after NOA

Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

dafyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 - after NOA

Hello all,

First off, thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences of the K1 application process on these boards. Having some clue of what other people have been through has made it so much easier for myself and my fiancée.

I'm British, my fiancée is American. We filed our 129-F back last Summer; all went swimmingly and we received the 1-797 Notice of Action in November (actually when I was over there for Thanksgiving - nice treat). Since then, we've heard nothing at all. I'm a bit concerned that at least one other couple whose NOA was sent at the same time as ours has had the whole medical/interview thing from the Embassy.

How long should it take from the petition being forwarded to London to the embassy getting in touch? Am I missing something? Is there any way I can determine whether my file has disappeared somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you sages can provide...

D.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 - after NOA

Originally Posted by dafyd
We filed our 129-F back last Summer; all went swimmingly and we received the 1-797 Notice of Action in November
Just to make sure, was it the NOA2 that you received in November? The I-129F approval?

How long should it take from the petition being forwarded to London to the embassy getting in touch? Am I missing something? Is there any way I can determine whether my file has disappeared somewhere?
I believe you should have heard something by now, yes. Try contacing NVC to make sure your file was sent to London. If so, contact London to see why you have not received anything else. After your file went to London, you should have received a "Packet 3" letter, which is really just a sheet of paper with instructions on how to go online to fill out your visa application paperwork.

In the meantime, you can get your police report going.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rene,

Yes, it was the I-129F approval, telling me that the file had been forwarded to the London embassy and giving me case numbers, etc.

I've already got my police certificate, and I think I've got all the forms prepared (following the wiki instructions here). I've just not had that Packet 3 letter to know what to do with them!

What's the best way to talk to the embassy? These details?

Ta!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene,

Yes, it was the I-129F approval, telling me that the file had been forwarded to the London embassy and giving me case numbers, etc.

I've already got my police certificate, and I think I've got all the forms prepared (following the wiki instructions here). I've just not had that Packet 3 letter to know what to do with them!

What's the best way to talk to the embassy? These details?

Ta!
If you have an "LND" case number you could just try emailing to poke them.
The phone numbers are for a pay to talk service located in Scotland.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
If you have an "LND" case number you could just try emailing to poke them.
Thanks, I shall try that. Again, I may be being terribly dense, but what email address? [email protected]?
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I may be being terribly dense, but what email address? [email protected]?
Yes. If you happen to get an email stating that your email has been deleted without being read, ignore it.

Ian
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

mystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nice

Hello all,

First off, thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences of the K1 application process on these boards. Having some clue of what other people have been through has made it so much easier for myself and my fiancée.

I'm British, my fiancée is American. We filed our 129-F back last Summer; all went swimmingly and we received the 1-797 Notice of Action in November (actually when I was over there for Thanksgiving - nice treat). Since then, we've heard nothing at all. I'm a bit concerned that at least one other couple whose NOA was sent at the same time as ours has had the whole medical/interview thing from the Embassy.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you sages can provide...

D.
Hi,
Just thought I'd let you know of our situation. We did get our letter in November, well at least I got the letter stating the info was being sent to the London Embassy. Chris (uk fiance) never did get a letter from London instructing him to mail in the documents to get his interview. He called and they said it could have been lost in the mail, but to just send in the documents to them. So we booked his medical for January and he mailed in the documents to the embassy the first week in January.

We only found out last week that they processed those papers and have set his interview for April 1st. It was quite a process with the documents as up untill last week they claimed they didnt have them. He was then given an email address to email and attach the documents and check list again. About 5 days after that is when I called the Washington DC Embassy number and they informed me that it was all processed and his status is eligible for interview....

Hope that helps you.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

mystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nice

Also, this is where the embassy told Chris to go for instructions on the Packet 3, http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

Apparantly that is what is listed in the letter we, and you, never got.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I've been remiss in thanking you for your replies - I've had my medical, and I'm currently tidying up the paperwork that I need for the interview. As far as I can tell, I have everything ready-and-correct, except for the "notarized letter of intent". I've struggled to find much information about this - who is it from (me or my fiancée)? For me, can a UK notary do it? I've heard that it can be done at the embassy - is this correct? Do I actually need it...?

Thanks so much...

Last edited by dafyd; Apr 12th 2010 at 4:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've struggled to find much information about this - who is it from (me or my fiancé)?
You'll need either one letter from each of you with original signatures (no photocopies), or a single letter which you both sign - again with original signatures.

For me, can a UK notary do it? I've heard that it can be done at the embassy - is this correct? Do I actually need it...?
Search the forum for "magic language". It is the US legal equivalent to notarization.

Ian
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You'll need either one letter from each of you with original signatures (no photocopies), or a single letter which you both sign - again with original signatures.

Search the forum for "magic language". It is the US legal equivalent to notarization.

Ian
Now why on earth didn't I find that when I searched before. Thanks! I've already got on from my fiancée, so I can just use the magic words on mine and I'm sorted...
Old Apr 12th 2010, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Now why on earth didn't I find that when I searched before. Thanks! I've already got on from my fiancée, so I can just use the magic words on mine and I'm sorted...
Okay... found it:

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date], [signature].

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2010, 3:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Or, you can bring your unsigned letter of intent to the interview, and ask for a notary there to witness you signing it, if the ConOff asks you for it. The embassy keeps US notaries on staff.

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Perfect, thanks!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

my then fiancee at the time we did it typed out a letter that he signed and posted to me and i signed. we didnt get it notarized, and it wasnt till after the interview that i realised it should of been. needless to say they didnt care.

im not saying dont get it notarized, im just saying if you dont, it may not be the end of the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.