K1 and Advance Parole Experience

Wikiposts

K1 and Advance Parole Experience

Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:57 am
Just Joined

bobbyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile K1 and Advance Parole Experience

Hi - 2 parts to the query:

Me (British) and my fiance (American) are currently applying for a K1 visa through Vermont Service Centre & London US Embassy. Any shared experiences e.g. timeline from petition to obtaining green card, emotional experiences of doing this, would be really appreciated!

Can anyone share with me how long it took to receive advance parole once married and attempting to adjust status in the U.S? I'll need to go back to the U.K. once we're married and before I receive conditional green card, but noticed Vermont seem to be taking 4 months to process advance parole applications at the moment... is this normal?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 and Advance Parole Experience

Originally Posted by bobbyk
Vermont seem to be taking 4 months to process advance parole applications at the moment... is this normal?
Yes.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone share with me how long it took to receive advance parole once married and attempting to adjust status in the U.S? I'll need to go back to the U.K. once we're married and before I receive conditional green card, but noticed Vermont seem to be taking 4 months to process advance parole applications at the moment... is this normal?
Couldn't you just put off moving over for a bit then? the K1 visa is good for six months....

and timelines, do a search through the forums, and also check out the sites in the marriage based forum links...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:15 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Me (British) and my fiance (American) are currently applying for a K1 visa through Vermont Service Centre & London US Embassy. Any shared experiences e.g. timeline from petition to obtaining green card, emotional experiences of doing this, would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Do as Bob has said and check out the links such as Rete has gathered together here:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164511

It took 3 months for me to get Advance Parole when I first applied along with my AOS application.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
Hi:

As I often mention, processing times can vary. But I looked at Vermont and they are WORKING on ones filed 4 months ago. But a question -- why are you looking at Vermont? As an example of times varying, National Benefits Center is a month ahead of Vermont. Vermont is now the most behind of the five service centers. The other four are ahead of Vermont. Other than being the example of the slowest of the five, I would recommend you look at the Service Center which will handle the AP, not all five to see the slowest.

However, remember that the processing times are "snapshots" of what is happening now and are NOT predictions of how long FUTURE applications will take or how long YOUR application will take. "Your mileage may vary."
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Timelines are hard to predict, because it varies according to your local office used in the USA. For example, there are some local offices which process AOS in 4 months, and others that process AOS in 2 years. So without knowing which local office you'll be using, it's almost impossible to predict a timeline.

The APs are handled at National Benefits Center, not Vermont. APs seem to be taking about 3 months to process lately.

Best Wishes,
Rene