Wikiposts

k-4 visa question

Old May 23rd 2004, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

ricardoswife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k-4 visa question

Hello everyone!

My husband arrived in the states 2 months ago on a k-3 visa. He has a young son that we would like to bring here to stay with us by the end of the year. I included his name on the original I-130 and I-129f application. Right now I am at a loss for what we need to do. Can someone tell me what the steps are to get him here on a k-4? Our focus was getting my husband here and now that the dust is settled whe want to bring our son here. I would appreciate all the help I can get in regards to the steps I need to do. My stepson is under 5 so if he needs to go for an interview at the embassy or something I don't know what the procedure is....bottom line is I need help!!! Thanks in advance.
Old May 24th 2004, 3:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k-4 visa question

rw,

Ricardo needs to contact the consulate back in his country and have a set of visa application materials sent to his son. Or, in this case, to someone who can complete the forms and prepare the visa application on behalf of his son - perhaps whoever the boy is living with presently.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by ricardoswife
Hello everyone!

My husband arrived in the states 2 months ago on a k-3 visa. He has a young son that we would like to bring here to stay with us by the end of the year. I included his name on the original I-130 and I-129f application. Right now I am at a loss for what we need to do. Can someone tell me what the steps are to get him here on a k-4? Our focus was getting my husband here and now that the dust is settled whe want to bring our son here. I would appreciate all the help I can get in regards to the steps I need to do. My stepson is under 5 so if he needs to go for an interview at the embassy or something I don't know what the procedure is....bottom line is I need help!!! Thanks in advance.
Old May 24th 2004, 4:26 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k-4 visa question

Hi

I e-mailed the London consulate and they mailed the relevant forms and information to my son, although he is 19 and could complete the forms himself. He received the paperwork in late December, collected the required documents, sent some of the forms back and had his interview on March 2nd. All consulates seems to work in different ways, but this is what we did.

Maggie

Originally posted by ricardoswife
Hello everyone!