K-3 v. CR-1 (filed in US)

Wikiposts

K-3 v. CR-1 (filed in US)

Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3 v. CR-1 (filed in US)

Originally Posted by meauxna
Once you commit to the K-3 path by submitting an I-129f on top of the I-130, that I-130 becomes committed to the K-3 visa and a subsequent Adjustment of Status application.

If you do not want to apply for AOS after arriving in the US, you must submit a 'change order' (I-824 iirc) at unknown processing time and cost of +$200. Also, the 2 Service Centers have been handling K-3 cases differently, tho I suspect that has ended now.

I don't even know how to tell you to research how to choose which method. Which country is your foreign spouse in? Is your US District Office particularly slow? Why do you want to pursue this particular visa? What's your optimal plan?
Both our I-129 and I-130 have been approved. My husband's interview for the K-3 it set-up for July 21, 2008. NVC still appears to be processing the CR-1, as they sent my husband the choice of agent form and have sent me the affidavit of support fee request.

We are pursuing the K-3 so that he can come to the US whilst the CR-1 is processing. It is imparative I be in the States by August and he would like to come for extended visits w/o the questions Border (that he would obviously get if he were to attempt to enter on VWP with the CR-1 processing).

He hopes to process the CR-1 in London and the I-130 was adjudicated by the California Service Centre.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Last edited by californian; Jul 4th 2008 at 4:04 am.