Reload this Page >

K-3 Which time estimate do I go with?

Wikiposts

K-3 Which time estimate do I go with?

Old Jan 24th 2003, 5:08 am
nce
Forum Regular

nce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3 Which time estimate do I go with?

Hi! I have been a lurker here for a while, and since all my paperwork has been filed and the wait has begun...I have a question....

A little background: I am a US Citizen and married a wonderful man from Germany Dec. 30th, 2002 in Germany!

Our NOA for our I-129F quoted an anticipated approval timeline of 60-180 days. Online it says 60-90 days? Why the difference and which one should we rely on?

Thanks
Niki and Matthias

Timeline:
I-130 - 1st NOA 1/8/03
1-129F - 1st NOA 1/16/03
the wait begins.....
Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-3 Which time estimate do I go with?

Word of advice? Go by the 60-180 days. This way if it is quicker, you are happier. The other way if it is late, you are pissed.

Rete

BTW NONE of the timelines are gospel. There are only a barometer to go by.

Originally posted by nce
Hi! I have been a lurker here for a while, and since all my paperwork has been filed and the wait has begun...I have a question....

A little background: I am a US Citizen and married a wonderful man from Germany Dec. 30th, 2002 in Germany!

Our NOA for our I-129F quoted an anticipated approval timeline of 60-180 days. Online it says 60-90 days? Why the difference and which one should we rely on?

Thanks
Niki and Matthias

Timeline:
I-130 - 1st NOA 1/8/03
1-129F - 1st NOA 1/16/03
the wait begins.....
Old Jan 24th 2003, 7:28 am
Wisdom Over Wealth

Don't go by either of them! They are all rubbish!!

Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

chdv2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there! i think you should keep the 180 days as your date to worry....my wait took 100+ days ....also always log into this forum because you can see where you stand in line....thats what i did....if i saw someone with an earlier 1stNOA receipt date, i would assume my 2nd NOA approval date will be soon....also try to find other people with about the same 1stNOA receipt date as you....it will kinda help ....meet new friends...well, hope that helps....
Old Jan 25th 2003, 2:07 pm
bba1vol

The wait is on..... sorry to say it took us from July to Dec......and
my husband is still not here

Old Jan 25th 2003, 4:15 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Day by day.......???????

Now would that be business days or calendar days? For the life of me I can't remember what the answer was when it came up regarding someone's 129F as in fiance visa NOT 129F as in K3.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

chdv2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day by day.......???????

i counted my days .....calender days
Old Jan 26th 2003, 7:49 am
Mrs. Wait

Light is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day by day.......???????

Originally posted by chdv2001
i counted my days .....calender days
K3 Timeline:
1stNOA I-130: Sept.9,2002
1stNOA I-129f:Sept.24,2002
2nd NOA I-129f: Jan.5,2003
2ndNOA received by mail:Jan.11,2003
NVC letter received: Jan 17, 2003
so can we say from your Timeline that NVC processed 24th of Sept ....

wow...I hope they be in MSC faster than that , they said 60-90 days, that's mean the 6th of March in the calender, and 22th of April without he Holidaies ???

Am I right then ??