Wikiposts

K-3 Rfe Ahhhhh!!!!

Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:10 pm
nce
Forum Regular

nce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3 Rfe Ahhhhh!!!!

Hi All,

We sent an international version of our marriage license for our K3. It has 7 languages on it, one being English! How can they not recognize this when every other agency I have taken it to (SSN, etc.) have recognized it! I am so frustrated!!!

This is what our RFE states:

Please submit a marriage certificate issued by civil authorities for you and your spouse. (*Note: the marriage certificate MUST indicate that after the marriage ceremony, it was registered or recorded by the county, state, country, or province. Please submit a copy of the original AND English translation, if original is in any language other than English.)

Other: We need an English translation of your marriage certificate.

Note: All copies must be clear and legible. Any document written in a language other than English must be submitted with a full English translation. The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate and that he or she is competent to translate.

Any suggestions? We just found out that we can get a copy of the register from the city office that states that our marriage has been registered, also we can get the city office to sign a document stating that we were indeed married and it was registered. This document will be in english and german....will that suffice? Please help us!!

Niki and Matthias
Old Mar 21st 2003, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

ndrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3 Rfe Ahhhhh!!!!

Originally posted by nce
Hi All,

We sent an international version of our marriage license for our K3. It has 7 languages on it, one being English! How can they not recognize this when every other agency I have taken it to (SSN, etc.) have recognized it! I am so frustrated!!!

Please submit a marriage certificate issued by civil authorities for you and your spouse. (*Note: the marriage certificate MUST indicate that after the marriage ceremony, it was registered or recorded by the county, state, country, or province. Please submit a copy of the original AND English translation, if original is in any language other than English.)

Note: All copies must be clear and legible. Any document written in a language other than English must be submitted with a full English translation. The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate and that he or she is competent to translate.

Any suggestions? We just found out that we can get a copy of the register from the city office that states that our marriage has been registered, also we can get the city office to sign a document stating that we were indeed married and it was registered. This document will be in english and german....will that suffice? Please help us!!

Hi,
Get a english translation of marriage certificate from any where & go to ministry of foriegn affair where ever u get married & stamped it ,that will work im sure.

good luck
regard
Roberts
Niki and Matthias
Old Mar 21st 2003, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

nce, what is ur timeline so far?
thanks
Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:45 am
Railway Of 2000

Oh, sh.... this happend to me too.
I am also from Germany, but I do everything through a lawyer in USA.
I got a notice that they need more information, it also was about my merrige
cetificate. My lawyer told me they did not get that it also was in English and
did send the same one back with a note. oh,god know you make me scared because
I wait for so long and still have no up date, maybe because they acctuly do not
take this cetificate.
What should I do now?????????
Does anybody can help me do you think I should get one in just English and send
it to them?
NOA 29.Oktober 2002
ask for more info: 21. November 2002
no answer till now

Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:52 am
Railway Of 2000

Oh, sh.... this happend to me too.
take this cetificate.
it to them?
NOA 29.Oktober 2002
no answer till now

Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:56 am
Railway Of 2000

h, sh.... this happend to me too.
take this cetificate.
it to them?
NOA 29.Oktober 2002
no answer till now

Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:00 am
Railway Of 2000

h, sh.... this happend to me too.
take this cetificate.
it to them?
NOA 29.Oktober 2002
no answer till now

Old Mar 21st 2003, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nce
Hi All,

Niki and Matthias
NCE...

Someone else posted on this about this "international marriage certificate". Basically the responses to the thread lead to the fact that BCIS will probably not accept them.

What I would do...

Send a copy of the ORIGINAL marriage certificate along with a notarized translation of the certificate. PERIOD.

The good news is that if you are lucky like CDCIB you might get approved in 2 weeks after sending the requested documents!!

Good luck,

~Claudia
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:20 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

We ran into a similar thing with our marriage certificate. Seems that although we provided them with a legal copy of our original marriage certificate it didnt have an offical registrars seal on it!! When I rang the registrar up the first thing I was asked is "Oh are you dealing with the US for your visa?" When I said yes he said "I thought so" Seems the US is almost the only country that needs you to supply another copy. Just more money for us to pay out but could have saved us a lot of time & heartache if this was made clear when we rang the US Consulate here before we filed. The Consulate accepts the first certificate but not the INS/BCIS. Hang in there Im sure you will get it all sorted out soon.
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Mar 24th 2003, 4:20 am
nce
Forum Regular

nce is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to update you on our situation:

Today I mailed back enough sufficient evidence that should cover the confusion on the marriage license. It will take up to 10 days for a translation of our German certificate (I live in the middle of nowhere in Arizona...well not really, but the nearest translaters are 3 hours away!) so we are not sending the translation. We were able to get a certified document from the city office of my husband's hometown that states that were were married, with this registration number, blah, blah, blah in both English and German. They also gave us an actually copy of our entry in their registration book. We are hoping this will suffice as we are waiting for the translation to come back. We'll see. I am still so upset that they wouldn't take the certificate in the first place. Thanks for all the assistance.

Niki and Matthias

Our timeline:
1/6/03 mailed I-130
1/8/03 NOA #1 I-130
1/14/03 mailed I-129F
1/16/03 NOA #1 I-129F
3/6/03 Matthias receives police cert and certified marriage license and birth certificate
3/12/03 Should have everything ready for interview
3/18/03 RFE (online) for I-129F
3/24/03 RFE requests sent overnight to MSC
Old Mar 24th 2003, 6:35 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nce
Hi All,

From time to time, I'll submit a foreign document that also contains English text (subtitles if you will). I always take out my bright yellow highlighter and highlight the English language sections to reduce the odds of a BCIS officer not seeing them.

Good luck.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm