Wikiposts

k-3 police report

Old Apr 14th 2002, 1:40 pm
Nluv4ever77

Default k-3 police report

Do you think my husband and I can ask the consulate in Amsterdam to send away for the
plice report now, or do we still have to continue waiting until the Missouri center
sends them the email?? I was just wondering if we called, maybe we could tell them we
have a k-3 in progress and we were just wondering if they can send away for it in
advance..........This waiting and not being able to start my marriage is killing
me..................The stress is really getting to me bigtime

Old Apr 14th 2002, 11:40 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: k-3 police report

NLUV4EVER77 wrote:
    > Do you think my husband and I can ask the consulate in Amsterdam to send away for
    > the plice report now, or do we still have to continue waiting until the Missouri
    > center sends them the email?? I was just wondering if we called, maybe we could
    > tell them we have a k-3 in progress and we were just wondering if they can send
    > away for it in advance..........This waiting and not being able to start my
    > marriage is killing me..................The stress is really getting to me bigtime

You probably will have to wait for Missouri to send to them. However, you have been
over there to visit your husband, and you could have filed the I-130 there at
Amsterdam directly and he would have been in the US long ago. So frankly, your
complaints about the time factor could have all been avoided if you had done what you
were told to do in the first place. I don't understand why you chose the slow route
and then chose to gripe about it. Alvena See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Apr 15th 2002, 2:40 am
Eileen

Ally, You have made alot of poor choices your whole journey. It is particularily hard
to be separated right after a visit. But instead of the pity party(which alot of us
do not understand because you had *other* choices).....here's a suggestion: Put your
energy into a 'game plan' for the end. For example, when you get notice of Amsterdam
receiving the k-3, your husband could give his one month notice at work so when the
police report is back, he is free to leave work. And what about the airline ticket?
Is there a waiting time for a reduced price? Figure out when is the best time to get
the ticket so he is not waiting 3 weeks after work is done to come to Texas. good
luck, Eileen "NLUV4EVER77" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Do you think my husband and I can ask the consulate in Amsterdam to send
away
    > for the plice report now, or do we still have to continue waiting until
the
    > Missouri center sends them the email?? I was just wondering if we
called,
    > maybe we could tell them we have a k-3 in progress and we were just
wondering
    > if they can send away for it in advance..........This waiting and not
being
    > able to start my marriage is killing me..................The stress is
really
    > getting to me bigtime

Old Apr 15th 2002, 10:40 am
Nluv4ever77

well we didnt know about it until we had spent alot of money for the I130the first
time and then the k-3 visa,............we had spent $1000 for the attorney just to
file for it and i am not a very rich person,trying to raise 4 kids by myself. I only
go there when my ex husband gets them for his long visits and I didnt find out about
DCF until a few months ago. When I went inMarch we didnt stay in Amsterdam....he had
already purchased tickets for another trip for us to take long before we knew about
DCF. HOwever.............if I havent heard anything by July, then I will go back to
Amsterdam and do DCF.........Hopefully we will hear something by then. If it was up
to me...I would be living in HOlland but my ex husband wont allow it ( we have kids
together).....even though he is way behind on child support and is still doing
drugs........seems like the bad guys always win......

Old Apr 15th 2002, 11:10 am
Nluv4ever77

wished I would have known about DCFin June of lastyear when I was there for a few
weeks.........I didnt go back to Holland until March and we didnt stay in HOlland
to do the DCF...............I will take your advice though and get things started
on my end of it

Old Apr 16th 2002, 4:10 pm
Eileen

and Ally.....I hope you go back to Catholic Charities and tell them what this
*lawyer* did for you. He turned a simple 2 month process into over a year separation
from your husband. They (CC) need to know that that *lawyer* is not a good one and
they should stop delivering innocent people to him to screw up. Eileen "NLUV4EVER77"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > wished I would have known about DCFin June of lastyear when I was there
for a
    > few weeks.........I didnt go back to Holland until March and we didnt stay
in
    > HOlland to do the DCF...............I will take your advice though and
get
    > things started on my end of it