Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-3 Packet submitted in Manila

K-3 Packet submitted in Manila

Old Feb 16th 2002, 1:06 am
Steve Hubbard

Default K-3 Packet submitted in Manila

Not without some problems of course as there conflicting instruction sheets...K-3
filed in conj withI-130 Spousal Visa...Called the 1-900 number in Manila (wasted time
here/didn't know it was a 24/7 service
w/REAL people to talk to)...rec'd K-3 packet vis LBC courier 4 days after making
contact with the 1-900 number...Instruction sheet/checklist pretty straight forward
however there are some pitfalls... ~ The checklist from the US Embassy dlivered by
LBC contained 2 DS 156 forms...only 1 is now required.... ~ The checkist asks for
children(s) birth certificates (if your wife has any) whether the child is living
with her or not...whether the child is immigrating to the US or not... My wife had
a child that was given up for adoption to a relative....the childs original birth
certificate contained some errors...Checklist asks for an NSO authenticated birth
certificate.... ~ The checklist we received later from St Lukes Hospital stated
that only the "dependent" childs birth certificate need be submitted...wasted 2
weeks on this as the child is no longer dependent on my wife nor ever was.... ~
Wife's Police Clearence was handed back to me at the document checkpoint at St
Lukes Hospital...was told this is only neccessary if the spouse had "worked outside
the country"... ~ No CENOMAR (Certificate of No Previous Marriage) was
needed...Cenomar was handed back to me at document checkpoint at St Lukes
Hospital... may be needed for the fiance` visa though so those of you not married
and applying for a fiance visa/K-3 be sure to check this out... ~ My birth
certificate was not needed nor was a photocopy of my passport (included them as I
had read previous posts that these were required/requested)... ~ All in all a very
frustrating and humbling experience that seems to be ongoing with no end in
sight...Spent 6 weeks in Manila and ws not able to return to the US with my
wife...Manila is a very difficult place to get anything accomplished
quicky...hopefully she will receive her Visa this coming week or the following...

Old Feb 16th 2002, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

california is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3 Packet submitted in Manila

Hi Steve
I will be going to st. lukes too anytime this month. In fact i received a telegram from the consulate to proceed with the k1 process. What day did you went there and what time did you arrived there? Are there too many who fall in line....specially k1.
Grrrr, i hate going manila you know. Too chaotic. It is in the instruction that only tuesdays to fridays but i have read few who were entertain on the mondays. conflicting info!
Thanks...
Old Feb 17th 2002, 7:25 am
Steve Hubbard

Default Re: K-3 Packet submitted in Manila

I am reading the St Lukes Medical info sheet as I type...Office hours are 7:30am to
11:30am & 1pm to 4:30pm Mon thru Fri (except on holidays)...there are alot of people
being processed there...129f's...130's...and K-3's for both...I would bet there were
300+ people there...we went on a Mon afternoon, arrived at noon and departed at
around 7pm (don't let the operating hours fool you...if you are there you will finish
getting processed)...we opted to have my wife's immunizations done there and had to
return the following day Tuesday at 1:30pm (we also had to get pics retaken as her
head size was too small)...finally were called at 5:15pm to get her shots and then
downstairs for the quality control medical check and to answer a few more
questions...then upstairs for more waiting and documents check...we submitted our
documents around 7:45pm Tuesday...Manila is a difficult place to get anything done
quickly...If possible work ahead to procure the neccessary documents to ease your
stress...best of luck and have a great trip...sh