Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-3 Packet Forms -- Which Are Required?

Wikiposts

K-3 Packet Forms -- Which Are Required?

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

pawoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3 Packet Forms -- Which Are Required?

I've just received my K-3 packet from the US Embassy in London and I just have one little question.

The instructions state to complete the forms that they have enclosed, namely the DS-230 Part 1, the DS-156, the DS-156K and the DS-157.

However, the only forms they have enclosed are the DS-230 Part 1, two copies of the DS-156 and an I-134 Affadavit of Support.

The embassy has crossed out the DS-156K and the DS-157 on the partof the form underneath the signature, but they haven't crossed anything out on the front of the form.

Are the DS-156K and the DS-157 required or not for a K-3 visa?

Thanks.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

stephiefrank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3 Packet Forms -- Which Are Required?

Originally Posted by pawoodster
I've just received my K-3 packet from the US Embassy in London and I just have one little question.

The instructions state to complete the forms that they have enclosed, namely the DS-230 Part 1, the DS-156, the DS-156K and the DS-157.

However, the only forms they have enclosed are the DS-230 Part 1, two copies of the DS-156 and an I-134 Affadavit of Support.

The embassy has crossed out the DS-156K and the DS-157 on the partof the form underneath the signature, but they haven't crossed anything out on the front of the form.

Are the DS-156K and the DS-157 required or not for a K-3 visa?

Thanks.
HI
I did my K3 in London in March and I had to fill in the DS-156, the DS-230 Part 1 and my I-485, I also had one or two forms crossed out on my instructions and I spent about 2 days trying to get a strainght answer from the embassy (spent a fortune on the expensive phone number) and eventually was told that only those forms included were to be filled out. So I just took a look at my photocopy of the forms i filled out and what you have is correct.
If you do want to make yourself fell better, perhaps email the embassy in London, they are usually very good at providing general informatin but for specifics like this you might want to try the help line.
Good luck
Steph
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

pawoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3 Packet Forms -- Which Are Required?

Originally Posted by stephiefrank
HI
I did my K3 in London in March and I had to fill in the DS-156, the DS-230 Part 1 and my I-485, I also had one or two forms crossed out on my instructions and I spent about 2 days trying to get a strainght answer from the embassy (spent a fortune on the expensive phone number) and eventually was told that only those forms included were to be filled out. So I just took a look at my photocopy of the forms i filled out and what you have is correct.
If you do want to make yourself fell better, perhaps email the embassy in London, they are usually very good at providing general informatin but for specifics like this you might want to try the help line.
Good luck
Steph
Thank you. That's what I was hoping.