Reload this Page >

K-3. I-134 and police certificate

Wikiposts

K-3. I-134 and police certificate

Old Oct 18th 2003, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

fraggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3. I-134 and police certificate

I have just received the package for the K-3 from the American Embassy in London.
My American husband is also here in England so I was hoping he could get the I-134 signed at the Embassy when I get an interview. The thing is as we applied for an extention for him to stay here while we went through the K-3 process he doesn't have his passport and it can take 4 weeks to be returned.
Can he use his birth certificate as ID?
Or a photocopy of his passport which we have?
Does the I-134 have to be notarized or can the immigration officer doing the interview sign it?

Also it says to get a police certificate. Do I have to wait for it to arrive before sending in all the forms as the check list says to have it in your possession?
I read it can take over 40 days to receive it and I also read on the America Embassy site to send the forms back ASAP otherwise your case is slowed down.
How can you rush when it can take that long to get it?

Thank you for any advice in advance.
Alexia
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:48 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: K-3. I-134 and police certificate

Originally posted by fraggle
I have just received the package for the K-3 from the American Embassy in London.
My American husband is also here in England so I was hoping he could get the I-134 signed at the Embassy when I get an interview. The thing is as we applied for an extention for him to stay here while we went through the K-3 process he doesn't have his passport and it can take 4 weeks to be returned.
Does the I-134 have to be notarized or can the immigration officer doing the interview sign it?

Also it says to get a police certificate. Do I have to wait for it to arrive before sending in all the forms as the check list says to have it in your possession?
I read it can take over 40 days to receive it and I also read on the America Embassy site to send the forms back ASAP otherwise your case is slowed down.

Alexia
Most people apply for the police certificate in advance of receiving packet 3. You are supposed to have all the documents on the checklist before you send it back and it does take at least 40 days......

As far as getting the I-134 notarized maybe one of the people that have done DCF in the UK could tell you who they got to sign it.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 9:49 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-3. I-134 and police certificate

Originally posted by fraggle

Alexia
They will notarize things at the Embassy in London for about 35 bucks I think. I looked into that a year ago when I was trying to get my husband his tax ID number and the W7 had to be officially recognized by a US government employee. Fortunately since there is an IRS office right there in the Embassy we didn't need to do that.