Wikiposts

K-3 2nd NOA

Old Dec 20th 2001, 1:37 pm
Anirban

The K-3 2nd NOA that I got looks like it's for a K-1 petition (i.e.- it's expected
that the person using this visa must marry within 90 days, etc. etc. etc.). I'm
assuming since the case has an MSC number that it automatically signifies a K-3.

Can one of the other K-3 2nd NOA's verify that? I think there was someone on the NG
before that was asking this - I couldn't find them on a google search.

Also, since a K-3 is techinically a non-immigrant visa, it does not go to the NVC,
right? I've called the NVC and they have no record of my case. So it should be at the
consulate (mumbai). How long till they send a Packet 3? Can I just download the forms
and send them to my wife?

Thanks guys -

Still stressing (and will be until she's here) -

Anirban

Old Dec 20th 2001, 5:44 pm
Steve Hubbard

I might be able to help you on a few of your concerns...the K-3 does not go to the
NVC...it will go from the MSC to the Consulate abroad...I've spoken with my
Congresswoman's aide and he said it could take up to a month for a case to get to a
Consulate overseas...then it has to be processed there.... and on and on...doesn't
seem to be the fast paced deal we were all hoping for...if I may ask did you
originally file a K-1 or I-130?...and when did you file the K-3...and when did you
receive NOA1 on the K-3?...Thanks and best of luck....

Old Dec 21st 2001, 10:22 am
Anirban

Hi Steve:

Originally filed for the I-130. We were married in a civil service in India back in
June, after which I came back to the US. I applied for the I-130 at VSC, since at the
time I was residing in Pittsburgh. In between, I moved to Detroit, got the I-130 1st
NOA August 15th. Sent in the K-3 petition on August 22nd, got the 1st NOA on Oct.
2nd. Got a RFE because MSC lost our pictures on Nov 17th. Sent those in and got the
2nd NOA on Dec. 13th.

I'm stressing because I've allready planned a trip back in February thinking that 8
months (from June) would be enough. My parents left from here allready, and the
respective sets of parents are preparing a huge reception, etc. etc, so it's not like
I can push that back now. But Dec. 13th to Feb. 15th (which is when I go) is 2
months, and hopefully her visa is done by then. I don't know if we can say goodbyes
for another time.

By the way, I managed to email the Consulate in Mumbai and got responses back
pretty quickly. However, when my wife tries to call them from India, she gets the
cold shoulder.

Anyways, the Chennai Consulate has a Packet 3 of forms on their website. I've asked
the Mumbai Consulate if I can send those to my wife so she can get started with the
paperwork. Let's see what they say. I've allready pretty much finished up the I-134
from here.

Lets see what happens. Good luck to you to, and maybe we can keep in touch and see
how it goes.

Anirban [email protected]

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >