Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

From the K-1'er w/o an A-Number...

Wikiposts

From the K-1'er w/o an A-Number...

Old Feb 15th 2002, 2:45 am
Megan

Default From the K-1'er w/o an A-Number...

... I'm going to try and talk to someone and see if I can get his "A-number", and if
I can't I guess we're going to go on without it. Thanks for the advice. And another 2
questions:

Can we just turn in the AOS packet at the San Jose, CA, they say they accept them,
instead of sending it to the CSC?

And, do you need to have a receipt that your application for AOS is received before
you can apply in person for your one year EAD?

Thank you, -megan

Old Feb 15th 2002, 4:25 am
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: From the K-1'er w/o an A-Number...

megan wrote:
    > ... I'm going to try and talk to someone and see if I can get his "A-number", and
    > if I can't I guess we're going to go on without it. Thanks for the advice. And
    > another 2 questions: Can we just turn in the AOS packet at the San Jose, CA, they
    > say they accept them, instead of sending it to the CSC?
    >
yes, you always file AOS at the local district INS office unless you are using
Baltimore office, which uses VSC.

> And, do you need to have a receipt that your application for AOS is received before
    > you can apply in person for your one year EAD?
    >
You can apply for the 1-year EAD at the SAME TIME as the other AOS docs....file them
all together. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Feb 15th 2002, 7:25 am
Megan

>You can apply for the 1-year EAD at the SAME TIME as the other AOS docs....file them
    >all together.

The reason I ask is because San Jose's info says you have to put your I-485 package
in an outside mailbox. We're running short on time and didn't want his EAD to lapse.

I just spoke with the CSC and was told my husband would not have an "A-number", and
unless they put it in his passport, file without one. Thanks again! -megan

Old Feb 15th 2002, 7:25 am
Megan

>The reason I ask is because San Jose's info says you have to put your I-485 package
    >in an outside mailbox.

Not an actual mailbox, but some kind of receptacle at the office that is outside of
the building. -megan