Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 visa....what does my fiance need to get?

Wikiposts

K-1 visa....what does my fiance need to get?

Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Britlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 visa....what does my fiance need to get?

We sent off our I-129f packet, and received the first NOA letting us know that it was received and is in process. But i have a few questions about the next steps.

1. When I send over the paperwork for his interview at the US Embassy, I need to send him my tax return info. I have read that copies of my tax returns (that I keep for myself is ok), but they also accept transcripts from the IRS. I went on the IRS website and they have two options....one option costs $57 per each return, but the other is free. I fail to see the difference. Is the free one only missing the W-2?
http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq/0,,id=199557,00.html

2. What does my fiance need to get ready for his interview. I thought i read somewhere he needs:

a police report saying every place he lived since age 16
and
a birth certificate.

is there anything else he needs to get ready?

I appreciate any help.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 visa....what does my fiance need to get?

Originally Posted by Britlover
1. When I send over the paperwork for his interview at the US Embassy, I need to send him my tax return info. I have read that copies of my tax returns (that I keep for myself is ok), but they also accept transcripts from the IRS. I went on the IRS website and they have two options....one option costs $57 per each return, but the other is free. I fail to see the difference. Is the free one only missing the W-2?
http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq/0,,id=199557,00.html
I don't know what the difference is, but the one you want is the free one.

2. What does my fiance need to get ready for his interview. I thought i read somewhere he needs:

a police report saying every place he lived since age 16
Only if he's lived there for more than 1 year. He needs a police report from his birth country, plus any country he lived in for more than 1 year, over the age of 16.

Rene
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

a birth certificate.
Make sure it's his long birth certificate.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:35 pm
Badger Badger Badger

Malashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of lightMalashaan is a glorious beacon of light

When he goes for his medical he'll need his vaccination records. If he doesn't already meet the requirements he should speak to his GP about getting the ones he needs in advance.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

is there anything else he needs to get ready?

I appreciate any help.
Has anyone pointed you toward the wiki here? There's several K-1 entries: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:USA_Immigration