British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   K-1 Visa question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/k-1-visa-question-935451/)

civilservant Oct 30th 2020 10:55 am

Re: K-1 Visa question

Crime Involving Moral Turpitude

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 30th 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Whymewhyme (Post 12926952)
Waiver for two cimts.

These

Rete Oct 30th 2020 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk (Post 12927961)
whats cmits? I’m just checking that my case will continue to be processed once they start processing again. No idea about anything any waivers

Nikki, the response was to WhyMeWhyMe. The CMIT's were his, not yours.

You should also start your own thread and not tail-end onto someone else's.

Noorah101 Oct 30th 2020 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk (Post 12927961)
whats cmits? I’m just checking that my case will continue to be processed once they start processing again. No idea about anything any waivers

Sorry, it was the OP who needed a waiver.

Rene

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 30th 2020 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by PINELLA (Post 12928124)
Hello,
Very new to this forum. Hope you guys can help. Here goes. I am a US Citizen (currently residing in the US) and my finance is a UK Citizen. (resides in the UK). We are in the process of applying for the K1 Visa, however, he has one CIMIT (shop lifting offence dated back to 2005). He has visited US on numerous occasions on a non immigrant B2 visa/waiver ( was issued for 5 years and expires Dec 2020).
The questions that I have are:
1. If we apply for the K1 Visa, we know it will be rejected
2. If rejected, can he file i-601 waiver ( again my understanding is that we have to be married to file i-601, is this correct)
Any response would be appreciated

You can file a I 601 for a K, Obviously a K has many disadvantages.

Rete Oct 30th 2020 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by PINELLA (Post 12928124)
Hello,
Very new to this forum. Hope you guys can help. Here goes. I am a US Citizen (currently residing in the US) and my finance is a UK Citizen. (resides in the UK). We are in the process of applying for the K1 Visa, however, he has one CIMIT (shop lifting offence dated back to 2005). He has visited US on numerous occasions on a non immigrant B2 visa/waiver ( was issued for 5 years and expires Dec 2020).
The questions that I have are:
1. If we apply for the K1 Visa, we know it will be rejected
2. If rejected, can he file i-601 waiver ( again my understanding is that we have to be married to file i-601, is this correct)
Any response would be appreciated

As I mentioned to Nikki ... please start your own thread. I am asking the powers that be to transfer your post to its own thread so that answers to your questions will not be confused with answers to WhyMe or Nikki