K-1 Visa question

Old Oct 26th 2020, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Whymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond repute
Default K-1 Visa question

So I successfully managed to get an approval on a waiver for my k1 application (U.K. man wanting marry my USA partner). I received this the other day.

I’ve read that there is a travel ban on U.K. to USA and that the embassy in London isn’t processing or doing interviews?

is this completely true and if so could my case be in danger of expiring? Any advice would be appreciate.

Old Oct 26th 2020, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa question

The restrictions have been in place since March:

Section1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.

Processing for visas has been restricted and the times to obtain one have extended.

Old Oct 26th 2020, 10:42 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a few years since my K1 experience, so I am curious about this waiver you obtained?
Old Oct 26th 2020, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Whymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond reputeWhymewhyme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The restrictions have been in place since March:

Section1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.

Processing for visas has been restricted and the times to obtain one have extended.
So my application won’t expire and is extended due to the situation with covid?

Last edited by Whymewhyme; Oct 26th 2020 at 11:01 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

What stage are you at? You mention a waiver, but was that for I-129F petition?
Old Oct 27th 2020, 11:43 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whymewhyme
So my application won’t expire and is extended due to the situation with covid?
That's not what they said. All they said was that the timing to obtain one has extended, not that the validity date of the petitions have been extended.

AFAIK, it's still one year before a case is closed.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
That's not what they said. All they said was that the timing to obtain one has extended, not that the validity date of the petitions have been extended.

AFAIK, it's still one year before a case is closed.
So I’m good
Old Oct 27th 2020, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RICH
It has been a few years since my K1 experience, so I am curious about this waiver you obtained?
Waiver for two cimts.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 7:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So I’m good
The I-129F supposedly has an expiration date 4 months after approval, but as long as you are letting the embassy know that you are still proceeding with the visa process, they will simply extend that validity when you attend the interview.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2020, 7:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Waiver for two cimts.
So just to be clear for others reading, it's a waiver for the K-1 visa (not the I-129F application).

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2020, 9:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So just to be clear for others reading, it's a waiver for the K-1 visa (not the I-129F application).

Rene
Thanks for clarifying that, Rene.

It appears that you already have your K-1 visa in your passport since you have an approved waiver for CIMTs. You would have to enter the US with an approved K-1 within 6 months from the date of your medical. It has nothing to do with the date of the approval of the K-1 or the approval of the waiver. It is strictly the date of the medical.

So where do you fit in the above scenario?

Last edited by Rete; Oct 27th 2020 at 9:10 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 6:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

My assumption

Applied for K1

Interviewed

Had to file a waiver

6 months whatever later waiver approved

Now needing to revisit the Consulate to obtain the visa.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

I got NOA2 March 26th and my case has been sitting at NVC since April. My NOA2 expired July 24th but was told I just need an updated letter of intent from my fiancee for the interview. I assume once processing restarts my case will be sent to London embassy.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
I got NOA2 March 26th and my case has been sitting at NVC since April. My NOA2 expired July 24th but was told I just need an updated letter of intent from my fiancee for the interview. I assume once processing restarts my case will be sent to London embassy.
The waiver for the 2 CMITs does not happen until after the visa interview, though. So that has not actually been approved yet.

Rene
Old Oct 30th 2020, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The waiver for the 2 CMITs does not happen until after the visa interview, though. So that has not actually been approved yet.

Rene
whats cmits? I’m just checking that my case will continue to be processed once they start processing again. No idea about anything any waivers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.