Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa Processing at Texas processing center.

Wikiposts

K-1 Visa Processing at Texas processing center.

Old Feb 7th 2002, 5:35 am
John Little

Our application was received on November 17th of 2000. The notice stated a 120-150
day processing time. This seems fairly outrageous compared to the times I see stated
all over the internet. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of dealy? Any feedback
on the mesquite service center and this process would be much appreciated.

Old Feb 8th 2002, 8:31 am
Just Joined

becca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by John Little
Our application was received on November 17th of 2000. The notice stated a 120-150
day processing time. This seems fairly outrageous compared to the times I see stated
all over the internet. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of dealy? Any feedback
on the mesquite service center and this process would be much appreciated.
Yes, I submitted my visa in september of 2001, They have not processed it yet. They kept sending it back to my lawyer and it eventually started to get processed in December. I don't know what is going on. I cannot get through to them. I also cannot get through the fax. I can't even find out my status.
It is terrible service!!! e-mail me at [email protected].
if you have a reply.
Old Feb 8th 2002, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Fran is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed there too, got a NOA1 of November 14 quoting that 'these type of petitions are currently taking 20-150 days to process' etc etc.

However, there have been a few approvals come out of TSC in the past couple of weeks with NOA1's of September. If you go to the Doc Steen site and look at the timeline stats there you will see that there are not many people with NOA1's from October. In my opinion this would be due to the anthrax scares - people that did send in their petitions in October appear to have receipt dates of September. For example there is one couple who sent their in October 3rd, they have a NOA of November 2nd and finally got their approval on February 2nd.

Don't know if you're aware of the site, so here is the link.
After checking out the timelines why don't you visit the TSC complaint messageboard and come and join us fellow sufferers

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/visak-1/index.php

You will find the link to the TSC complaint messageboard at the bottom of the page from this link.

Old Feb 8th 2002, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

New website for fellow sufferers of the TSC:

http://v-day.netfirms.com
Old Feb 8th 2002, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, correction to my above post I meant to say that people who did send in their petitions in October seem to have receipt dates of November - not September as stated above.

Sorry folks!! See what the TSC has done to my brain
Old Feb 11th 2002, 8:54 am
Just Joined

becca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Fran
We filed there too, got a NOA1 of November 14 quoting that 'these type of petitions are currently taking 20-150 days to process' etc etc.

However, there have been a few approvals come out of TSC in the past couple of weeks with NOA1's of September. If you go to the Doc Steen site and look at the timeline stats there you will see that there are not many people with NOA1's from October. In my opinion this would be due to the anthrax scares - people that did send in their petitions in October appear to have receipt dates of September. For example there is one couple who sent their in October 3rd, they have a NOA of November 2nd and finally got their approval on February 2nd.

Don't know if you're aware of the site, so here is the link.
After checking out the timelines why don't you visit the TSC complaint messageboard and come and join us fellow sufferers

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/visak-1/index.php

You will find the link to the TSC complaint messageboard at the bottom of the page from this link.

Iheard this week that ther ewas going to be some type of protest, maybe that will get them on the ball. I have faxed them to try to get update of status. will let you know if this helps. [email protected]

Old Feb 11th 2002, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

John,
They're speeding up a little as of late it seems. We're not that far ahead of you and ours was approved recently. Here are my dates: sent 10/9/01, NOA 1 11/5/01, NOA 2 2/7/02. I'm still giddy about that - I was expecting at least another 20 days wait! So, it shouldn't be too long for yours to get looked at, with a bit of luck.

Best of luck,

-Harry
Old Feb 12th 2002, 4:03 am
John Little

Fran <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thanks for the link. We certainly picked one of the worst times in history to go
through this process. I think I am going to give this process another 2-3 weeks
then I may get my congressman (congresswoman actually) involved. Not sure if that
will help but apparently it is a fairly common request and I doubt it would hurt
our chances.

Old Feb 13th 2002, 5:49 pm
John Little

Default Re: K-1 Visa Processing at Texas processing center.

[email protected] (John Little) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Harry <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected] er.com>...
    > > John, They're speeding up a little as of late it seems. We're not that far ahead
    > > of you and ours was approved recently. Here are my dates: sent
    > > 10/9/01, NOA 1 11/5/01, NOA 2 2/7/02. I'm still giddy about that - I was
    > > expecting at least another 20 days wait! So, it shouldn't be too long for
    > > yours to get looked at, with a bit of luck.
    > >
    > > Best of luck,
    > >
    > > -Harry
    >
    >
    > Thats great news. I hate to get my hopes up but I think I will anyway. I hope you
    > can drop in here again and give us an update. I hope the rest of the process goes
    > well (and quickly) for you.
    >
    > John

Just found out that the INS sent a request for additional info on
2/11/02. I'm not sure what this means or what the impact will be. Anyone have any
feedback? I can't think of any personal issues either one of us have or
problems with the evidence submitted so I am kind of surprised.

Old Feb 13th 2002, 11:27 pm
Alvena Ferreira

John Little wrote:
    > Just found out that the INS sent a request for additional info on
    > 2/11/02. I'm not sure what this means or what the impact will be. Anyone have any
    > feedback? I can't think of any personal issues either one of us have or
    > problems with the evidence submitted so I am kind of surprised.

Don't panic, there is always a possibility that they actually lost something that
you have already sent. If that be the case, you will have to re-send it. We had a
rash of that at the TSC a while back, actually...seems that the person ripping the
petitions apart was evidently strowing things all over the place. Just wait and see
what they ask for.

Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Feb 19th 2002, 5:25 am
John Little

Turns out the request for more information was pretty tame. I need to get a state
issued copy of my birth certificate. Doh!

I just hope this won't set back the approval 3 months.