K-1 Visa from PI

Old Aug 25th 2002, 3:07 pm
Wtkoyama

Default K-1 Visa from PI

Hope ppl have experience can help. Can somebody tell me the time fram from
submitted applicatin to time fiance gets approved for K-1 Visa.

I submitted my Application to INS Service Center (Laguna Niguel) and they received
on 8/12/02. I know INS will take up to 90 days. What is the usually time frame
for approval?

Then it goes to US embassy in Manila. If my fiance completes paperworkk and gets
here physical, how long does this take?

Hope anybody can help.

Also if my fiance is currently pregnant will she get turned down for the K-1 Visa?

Old Aug 25th 2002, 3:27 pm
Dabear?

Default Re: K-1 Visa from PI

well we have been waiting since June 17th and I think this week they should
be looking at it, it seems that they are taking the full 90 days or more the
way it seems

WTKoyama wrote:

> Hope ppl have experience can help. Can somebody tell me the time fram from
    > submitted applicatin to time fiance gets approved for K-1 Visa.
    > I submitted my Application to INS Service Center (Laguna Niguel) and they received
    > on 8/12/02. I know INS will take up to 90 days. What is the usually time frame
    > for approval?
    > Then it goes to US embassy in Manila. If my fiance completes paperworkk and gets
    > here physical, how long does this take?
    > Hope anybody can help.
    > Also if my fiance is currently pregnant will she get turned down for the K-1 Visa?

Old Aug 26th 2002, 6:54 am
Raptor1

Default Re: K-1 Visa from PI

Dabear© <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > well we have been waiting since June 17th and I think this week they should be
    > looking at it, it seems that they are taking the full 90 days or more the way

I submitted I-129F for my Thai fiancee to the TSC on June 17th also and the I-797
(Notice of Action) receipt letter shows a receipt date of June 19th. We are still
waiting and I believe they will take every bit of the 90 days to process. Try to stay
one-step ahead of the process. I sent the I-134 (Affidavit of Support) to my fiancee
last week so she will have it for her interview. I-134 is a "time sensitive" document
which means it can "expire" if too much time lapses. But what the heck, if I need to
send it again, I will just send it again. I also reccommend you use a private company
(I used UPS) if you need to send your fiancee any additional documents or important
items. My UPS Express Letter made it from Atlanta to Bangkok in 2 1/2 days and I was
able to track it at the UPS web site. This is not an endorsement for UPS but rather a
"jab" at the foreign postal services. I sent my fiancee several "Global Priority"
letters via the USPS and they do just fine until they leave the USA. Once they hit
the foreign postal system they are subject delays and theft. Luckily all of my
letters and packages made it to her safely but it took forever. Private carriers are
more expensive but it worth the extra cost when we're talking about our fiancees, our
future and our happiness.