Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa Packet 3--Question

K-1 Visa Packet 3--Question

Old Oct 30th 2002, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

rcritcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 Visa Packet 3--Question

Hi all,

We just got our I-129F approved a couple of weeks ago for K-1 in Peru. I understand we would now need to wait for the Embassy to send my Fiancee a packet 3, and then packet 4. However, I have downloaded the packet 3 forms DS-2001 and DS-230 part 1 from the internet. I have filled them out properley. My question is, can we bypass the wait time to receive packet 3 and submit these forms now? This might get us packet 4 and an interview date faster?

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Old Oct 30th 2002, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob!
I'm not too sure about sending your forms in early to Peru. I know you can in London, but not sure about there, I'm afraid.
Did you fill in 2 copies of the DS156? I'm pretty sure that part will be the same for all consulates, and I was sent 2 DS156's, filled in both, and sent them with my checklist. (I had all the docs needed already.) I also sent forms DS230 and DS156K. The DS156 & DS156K are not to be signed til the interview. Sorry I can't help about the other question, but it will save you time if you can send them early.
Kate. xxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter; Oct 30th 2002 at 6:15 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2002, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering the same thing for a little while and then I got packet 3 from the embassy.

They send a lot of instructions on that packet (medical info, affidavit, forms, fees you have to pay and send a receipt) ... you have to read the instructions carefully and follow them. Also the forms will probably be in spanish from Peru, did you get them in Spanish from the internet ?... I really do not know for sure but I would:

1) wait until you get the real packet 3
2) contact the embassy and ask them directly about your concern

That will save you time sending forms they don´t want. Again I can´t help you with first hand experience, hopefully someone who did k1 in Peru will answer.

best,
groovy