Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa Interview Documents - Please help!

Wikiposts

K-1 Visa Interview Documents - Please help!

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 1:37 am
fun
Forum Regular

fun is on a distinguished road
Default K-1 Visa Interview Documents - Please help!

I am going through the Hong Kong Consulate for K-1 Interview.

This is what I was intending of taking.

Please can anyone tell me if I have missed any documents.

Passport
Copy of Passport
Original Birth Affidavit
Copy of Birth Affidavit
Photographs taken together
Phone Bills
Hotel Bills
Copy of Biographic Information Form
Medical Report
ID Card Copy
Application Fee Receipt
Affidavit of SupportC
opy of Recent Tax Returns
Letter from Employer stating the date and nature of your employment, salary paid and whether your position is temporary or permanent.
Bank Statement

Do I need phone bills for both myself or my fiance? I would appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 3:00 am
Paul

Default Re: K-1 Visa Interview Documents - Please help!

I was going thru US Embassy in Jakarta,Indonesia. Here is the list of
documents I presented to them.
- Police Certificate
- 3 years tax returns
- Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Affidavit of Support
- Letter from Employer
- Medical Examination Report (the physician sent them directly to US
Embassy)

I brought with me proof of relationship like pictures and emails, but they
never asked. They returned our pictures, which we had sent with Fiancee
Petition to Nebraska Service Center.

Good Luck for your interview.

Paul & Dewi

-
"fun" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am going through the Hong Kong Consulate for K-1 Interview.
    > This is what I was intending of taking.
    > Please can anyone tell me if I have missed any documents.
    > Passport
    > Copy of Passport
    > Original Birth Affidavit
    > Copy of Birth Affidavit
    > Photographs taken together
    > Phone Bills
    > Hotel Bills
    > Copy of Biographic Information Form
    > Medical Report
    > ID Card Copy
    > Application Fee Receipt
    > Affidavit of SupportC
    > opy of Recent Tax Returns
    > Letter from Employer stating the date and nature of your employment,
    > salary paid and whether your position is temporary or permanent.
    > Bank Statement
    > Do I need phone bills for both myself or my fiance? I would appreciate
    > some guidance on this. Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:02 am
Sselvie

Default Re: K-1 Visa Interview Documents - Please help!

I sent copies of last three years of taxes, affidavit of support, my affidavit
of support was the I-864, others did the I-134, PLEASE FIND OUT WHICH ONE THEY
NEED. I also sent copy of birth certificate,phone bills, pictures together,
plane tickets, the affidavit of support MUST be notorized, letter from bank
from a senior banker, letter of employment, copy of the i-129f APPROVAL, copy
of the I-130 NOA, marriage certificate, if married, 401k, profit sharing info,
bank statement for the last 4 months. YOU WANT TO SHOW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE,
THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUPPORT. If you need to send anything make sure it's
Fed-Ex, make sure spouse/fiancee knows your address, date of birth and mom's
maiden name.
I think that is about it, they may not even ask for all of this just be
cautious.

Becky

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

im going through the US embassy in London (when i get my date)..... ive been collecting evidence but im wondering if i need more:

i have the usual pics, receipts, phone bills, passport, birth certificate, police certificate etc etc HOWEVER....... Do i need:

The letter from the employer
Medical Report
Tax returns
bank statements for 4 months

I dont have these but if i DO need them i better get my finger out my butt and crack on! Im guessing they are essential and ive just overlooked them like a big a big dummy! Any other advice while im creating my lil book of evidence to take with me?!

Thanks!
Shaun

ps do you think i might want to take some charachter refrences with me?! or should i keep my evidence to a bare minimum?!

pps can anyone send me a link where i can find out a little bit about the interview?! Im just looking for a general overview of the day and what kind of things are done and said. Cheers again!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:55 am
fun
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your responses. Not only has it confirmed that I have most of the documents required on my list but it as also given me peace of mind and confidence.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise whether it is necessary to get last 3 years' tax returns or will the recent tax return be sufficient?
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:21 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fun
Thanks so much for your responses. Not only has it confirmed that I have most of the documents required on my list but it as also given me peace of mind and confidence.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise whether it is necessary to get last 3 years' tax returns or will the recent tax return be sufficient?
For a K1 visa, the most recent is sufficient. Have either you or your fiancee been married before or used a different name than that on your birth certificate? Previous marriage and divorce certificates, deed polls, and translations are the only other things I can think of.

Good luck

Debbie
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:23 am

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hoosier wannabe
Hi,

im going through the US embassy in London (when i get my date)..... ive been collecting evidence but im wondering if i need more:

i have the usual pics, receipts, phone bills, passport, birth certificate, police certificate etc etc HOWEVER....... Do i need:

The letter from the employer
Medical Report
Tax returns
bank statements for 4 months

I dont have these but if i DO need them i better get my finger out my butt and crack on! Im guessing they are essential and ive just overlooked them like a big a big dummy! Any other advice while im creating my lil book of evidence to take with me?!

Thanks!
Shaun

ps do you think i might want to take some charachter refrences with me?! or should i keep my evidence to a bare minimum?!

pps can anyone send me a link where i can find out a little bit about the interview?! Im just looking for a general overview of the day and what kind of things are done and said. Cheers again!
Shaun,

You mention your fiancee's employer letter, bank letter and statements, tax return etc. But don't forget the 134 affidavit of support (notarized) as well.

Debbie
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my, the requirements clearly state to bring the last 3 years of Tax returns, sufficient could cost someone an additional interview a couple more months away. I would not even think about bringing anything less than a hint of anything that has been asked for the consulars to look at and bring a copy of everything you have to leave with the consular too. Don't take chances and be over prepared. I doubt I have to remind you how important this is since we are talking about our lives and finally being able to live with our Loved one.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:56 am

Originally posted by JeffB
Oh my, the requirements clearly state to bring the last 3 years of Tax returns, sufficient could cost someone an additional interview a couple more months away. I would not even think about bringing anything less than a hint of anything that has been asked for the consulars to look at and bring a copy of everything you have to leave with the consular too. Don't take chances and be over prepared. I doubt I have to remind you how important this is since we are talking about our lives and finally being able to live with our Loved one.
Fun,
The interview letter or packet 3 letter should tell you how many tax returns you need. I know that in the UK, the London embassy requires only 1 tax return for the K1 visa. However, it varies between the different countries' consulates, so it is worth checking in advance. I agree with JeffB, why take chances?

Here is a list of evidence of financial support for the London K1 interview:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...faffidavit.htm

You could alternatively phone or fax the Hong Kong consulate for immediate advice on this.

Debbie
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:12 am
fun
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies. It has really helped clarify things. Please can anybody tell me where it states that you require 3 years tax returns.

Thanks.