Wikiposts

K-1 Visa Interview!

Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all
Default K-1 Visa Interview!

Can anyone give us some last minute pointers or anything to double check before our interview? We are both really nervous and excited about it, it's on Jan. 28th, in just three days. What kind of questions do they ask and I'm just so nervous! lol. Thanks for all the help you guys (and girls!) have given us in the past that has helped us get this far.

Thanks Again and Again,

Samra
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa Interview!

Originally Posted by SamraLee
Can anyone give us some last minute pointers or anything to double check before our interview? We are both really nervous and excited about it, it's on Jan. 28th, in just three days. What kind of questions do they ask and I'm just so nervous! lol. Thanks for all the help you guys (and girls!) have given us in the past that has helped us get this far.

Thanks Again and Again,

Samra
Hi,
I had my interview on Jan 8th and was asked the following;

1. How did you meet your fiance?
2. Why have you chosen to live in the US rather than the UK?
3. Are you married? (Trick question maybe??)

That was it. The interview itself took less than around 3 minutes and was perfectly painless.

Good luck, you'll be fine.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

Ooh way cool now to just get to the interview portion.....ahhhh 8 months or so............
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

dave f is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunny08
Ooh way cool now to just get to the interview portion.....ahhhh 8 months or so............
the hardest part of the interview is paying for the medical exam
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

LMAO no shit!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave f
the hardest part of the interview is paying for the medical exam
Tell me about it , I had mine on Thursday...

The doctor took some blood and a large chunk of my wallet
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

SamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to allSamraLee is a name known to all

You know... that if you visa gets approved and you fill out your AOS forms thats... $1,000?

Just thought I'd chip in that bit. I'm off for the interview. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack...

-Samra
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamraLee
You know... that if you visa gets approved and you fill out your AOS forms thats... $1,000?

Just thought I'd chip in that bit. I'm off for the interview. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack...

-Samra
$1,010 to be exact. Plus the cost of another civil surgeon visit in the USA to get the vaccination supplement form completed (make sure you bring proof of your vaccinations to the USA with you!)

Good luck with the interview, Samra!

Rene
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Sadly it's all about the money to get into the US it seems aye? Makes me ashamed at times I mean yes I guess countries should not just let everyone and anyone in etc....but dang.....

Good luck Samra!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly it's all about the money to get into the US it seems aye? Makes me ashamed at times
What?
Stuff costs money. My 'green card' in the EU cost 500 euros.. look up the exchange rate!
Money is usually the last thing that keeps someone 'out' of the US.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:37 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly it's all about the money to get into the US it seems aye? Makes me ashamed at times I mean yes I guess countries should not just let everyone and anyone in etc....but dang.....

Good luck Samra!
I don't think it's about money at all. It's more about slots -- you either fit into a slot or you don't. And the US slots are mainly family based.