Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa Financial Report Question. Currently my UK fiance is working, but I am not.

Wikiposts

K-1 Visa Financial Report Question. Currently my UK fiance is working, but I am not.

Old Aug 28th 2015, 9:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa Financial Report Question. Currently my UK fiance is working, but I am n

Originally Posted by ScottUK1990
Thanks Ian, I'll have a look now. Would I fill out an additional I-134 as a self sponsor?
No, just bring proof of cash in the bank.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2015, 9:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Visa Financial Report Question. Currently my UK fiance is working, but I am n

My fiancee earns enough, but only just (we've done her I-134)...
Since there is no specific dollar amount associated with meeting the I-134 requirements, I'm not sure how she can "only just" earn enough. ...?

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2015, 9:14 am
US Citizen / UK Citizen

ScottUK1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Since there is no specific dollar amount associated with meeting the I-134 requirements, I'm not sure how she can "only just" earn enough. ...?

Rene
I was under the (incorrect) impression that it was 125% poverty line. I do recall reading otherwise but wasn't sure if I interpreted it correctly. That's more reassuring then!

Thanks!
Old Aug 28th 2015, 1:17 pm

I was under the (incorrect) impression that it was 125% poverty line. I do recall reading otherwise but wasn't sure if I interpreted it correctly. That's more reassuring then!

Thanks!
That guideline goes with the I-864 when the time comes.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2015, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

ChrisandAdrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Since you're not yet married, your assets can't be considered joint. You can, of course, give it a try. If the ConOff doesn't accept it, they will postpone visa approval, and will give you time to get what you need and resubmit. Once they review the new information, if acceptable, they can approve the visa.

Rene
What I mean is he'll bring his proof of financial support(cash in the bank) which is stated as the requirement on the dept of state website and hopefully that will be enough. If not, as a backup he can have my savings account statement as proof that I have money in the back to support him until I start working. I know you said that future income doesn't count, but I'm sure it can't hurt to prove that I've plenty enough money to support him in the bank in addition to already being employed. I sign my contract in October so it won't be a job offer at that point. Anyway. Will heed ask your advice guys. Thanks!
Old Aug 28th 2015, 7:24 pm

Yes, he can present his own savings first. If the ConOff accepts it, fine. If not, then he will handed over your I-134 and proof of assets (your cash in the bank). I assume you included that amount as an asset on your I-134?

Rene