K-1 visa Dec 26th

Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

p.blow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-1 visa Dec 26th

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl
Of course your fiancée can visit, unless for some reason, she is ineligible to visit the UK as a tourist. You can also visit the US while your K-1 is pending. Either way, you can still visit with each other over the Christmas holidays.
I had read several places that if i was to enter to US while my visa was still processing my visa would be cancelled!! To enter the US you need some sort of visa correct!
would i fill out a tourist visa which is 90 days or would i use the visa wavier!

I am very confused, if i knew i was allowed to enter the US while my visa was pending i would have been over to see my Finace' a couple of times!

Could someone please give me a link to explain how i can enter the US while in the process of applying for a K-1.

sorry just very confused about this. please help
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by p.blow
I had read several places that if i was to enter to US while my visa was still processing my visa would be cancelled!! To enter the US you need some sort of visa correct!
would i fill out a tourist visa which is 90 days or would i use the visa wavier!
Absolute, untrue. You should have ample proof that you have no intention of remaining in the US and are going to return to the UK after your visit.

I am very confused, if i knew i was allowed to enter the US while my visa was pending i would have been over to see my Finace' a couple of times!

Could someone please give me a link to explain how i can enter the US while in the process of applying for a K-1.

You enter the same as you would any other time. VWP or Tourist Visa depending on your criminal history, or country's eligibility. When asked if business or pleasure, you state "pleasure". When asked where you are going you be truthful.

There is no such link just as I'm sure you can't find a link saying that you can't visit. We only have our collective experiences over the last 12 years to back this up.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be careful what you read and where you read it, especially if the source is the internet.

Entry using B2 visa generally gets one an allowed stay of 180 days, the maximum permissable for that visa type.
Entry using the VWP generally gets one an allowed stay of 90 days, the maximum permissable under that program.

Regards, JEff

Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I...explain how i can enter the US while in the process of applying for a K-1.
The same way you would visit any other time. If you are eligible to use the VWP, you'll need to fill out an online ESTA form first, get that approval, and then you show up at the airport with your ESTA approval and passport. On the plane, you fill out the green I-94W card, and at the POE they ask you a few basic questions about your stay, and admit you for 90 days. You will need a return ticket, and you might need to show proof of your ties to the UK, in case the POE officer asks.

If you are somehow ineligible to use the VWP, then you'd have to apply for a B-2 tourist visa, but with immigrant intent, that would probably be harder to get.

Rene
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

My now hubby visited me twice while the I-129f was pending. He had no issues. He used the VWP. There are plenty of others here with the same story. Heck, I think it's a sticky at the top of the forum (or it used to be)!

If you aren't eligible for the VWP, then you may have some difficulty getting the B2 as was pointed out by Noorah.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Nov 25th 2009 at 4:11 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:42 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband visited me a few times during our K1 visa process. He had no problems .
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I had read several places that if i was to enter to US while my visa was still processing my visa would be cancelled!
Ridiculous. I suggest you no longer visit such sites.

To enter the US you need some sort of visa correct!
Yes, *UNLESS* you are eligible to use the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

if i knew i was allowed to enter the US while my visa was pending i would have been over to see my Finace' a couple of times!
It's a shame you've wasted all that time. Sorry!

Ian
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone who replied, i will now calculate how much money i need to put away for the whole inetrview process. I have already send of for my police check which should be arriving anyday. I think the only other things i need to pay for is the medical, which i read was £190 the interview at the embassy which is around £80 and the courier which is £15 - 21 depending on how you want you passpoet deliverd.

Can anyone confirm or deny these prices! and is there anything i have left out.

Thanks for answering my questions

hopefully i will be able to see my finace' before x-mas and the 7 months we have not seen each other for.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

I have been searching for information that says i am allowed to enter the US under the VWP, while my K-1 is still processing, so i can vist my finace' for Christmas. All i could find was a document from the Hong Kong embassy, which did not make much sense!! I am going to call the embassy later and see if they can help me futher.

I am a British citizen, and i have no criminal covictions. If this helps. If anyone can give me any more help on this matter it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted. I am hopeful i can be with my Finace' for the holiday season, with the posts which some of you have made
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been searching for information that says i am allowed to enter the US under the VWP, while my K-1 is still processing, so i can vist my finace' for Christmas. All i could find was a document from the Hong Kong embassy, which did not make much sense!! I am going to call the embassy later and see if they can help me futher.
I don't believe there is anything in writing stating that specifically. You'll just have to take the word of others that they were able to.

Rene
Old Nov 27th 2009, 2:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned before, there is nothing in the regulations that says you can't visit with a pending visa application. Just as there is nothing that says you can visit with a pending visa application.

Since money seems to be a bit of a problem (saving for visa fees) if you plan to go to the US over the holidays, if you can change your flight to leave from Dublin you would at least go through US Customs there and if denied entry, you won't have that long a way to return to the UK.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been searching for information that says i am allowed to enter the US under the VWP ..... I am going to call the embassy later and see if they can help me futher.

I am a British citizen, and i have no criminal covictions. If this helps. If anyone can give me any more help on this matter it would be much appreciated.
You've already been given all the information you need. You are eligible to use the VWP....so use it. Don't lie at the POE, don't volunteer information, and take evidence of your return to the UK after your trip.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have been searching for information that says i am allowed to enter the US under the VWP, while my K-1 is still processing, so i can vist my finace' for Christmas.
You won't find anything. You are allowed to travel to and enter the US on the VWP while the K-1 is processed. This has been unequivocally true since I did it while my K-1 was being processed over 11 years ago.

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:24 am
Just Joined

I phoned up the US embassy and asked them and like you have all said i am allowed to enter the US during my k-1 visa processing. I just wanted to be sure, better safe than sorry!

The gentleman did say that i could be asked to supply information that i would be returning to the UK, like property in my name, if i have a job to return too. He also said they may not ask any questions at all.

Has anyone been asked to supply information/documents, to prove they will be leaving the US to return to there homeland??

The only thing i will have is a return ticket!

While i was on the phone i did ask about my case file and they sent out something last Wednesday and i have a case number now, still praying and hoping to be over for my wedding, but i know it's a very long shot.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

The sort of documents you can take would be, a letter from your employer saying that you will be returning to work, pay slips, rental agreement, mortgage documents, return ticket, bank details showing perhaps loan payments, car registration document, anything that shows you have ties to the UK and will be coming back.

I took some of the above when I last visited and was not asked for them, but it's better to be prepared.

Tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.