K-1 - US Embassy Processing Times

Wikiposts

K-1 - US Embassy Processing Times

Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:58 am
Just Joined

MaddSeazyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 - US Embassy Processing Times

Hello all,

I am applying for a K1 Visa and everything has now been completed minus the actual interview. My forms were sent off over six weeks ago, and I was given the e-mail of the embassy and a code to let them know my e-mail needs to be read (Or however that works).

My concern here is that the embassy seems to not keep track at all of their post. I cannot afford to keep phoning £1.23 p/m lines and the generic e-mail reply from the Consular advises me that they have no tracking system AND it has to be cases not answered within ninety days (Odd then that they tell me six weeks which is only forty two days).

Has anyone here had experiences with this and, if so, can they please share them so I can at least feel like the Embassy has a Plan B for people who's items were lost. My miss my woman and just want to be with her now. ;_;

Many thanks.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:56 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 - US Embassy Processing Times

Point of clarification: the embassy has nothing to do with visas. It's the consulate, which you mention at one point in your post, that handles visas.

I recognize that this information does not answer your question. I don't think the phone line you mention, which is an off-site call center, can help you either other than to give you the code you need for an e-mail. Be careful to make correct use of that code.

Regards, JEff
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaddSeazyn
My forms were sent off over six weeks ago,

Has anyone here had experiences with this and, if so, can they please share them so I can at least feel like the Embassy has a Plan B for people who's items were lost.
Hi and Welcome to BE.

Did you use a trackable method to send your paperwork to the consulate? If so, when did it arrive there?

I'd say it's not unusual to wait 6 weeks+ for an interview date. I wouldn't think anything is lost at this point.

You say you have everything done...including the medical, right?

Rene
Old Mar 15th 2013, 4:50 am
Just Joined

MaddSeazyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi and Welcome to BE.

Did you use a trackable method to send your paperwork to the consulate? If so, when did it arrive there?

I'd say it's not unusual to wait 6 weeks+ for an interview date. I wouldn't think anything is lost at this point.

You say you have everything done...including the medical, right?

Rene
I did not, as I didn't think it was such a long wait. My own fault for not double checking on times. I did, however, put three stamps on so hopefully they recognised the importance of it!

And indeed, Medical is all done, under Knightbridge's "No news is good news" policy I have good news. I am LITERALLY just waiting for them to at least in some way acknowledge my paperwork. Apparently they've even processed my DS-2001.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

syed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the roughsyed84 is a jewel in the rough

So I recently just went thru this

I submitted my paperwork 29th Jan and received notification of interview
26th Feb with a date of 13th March
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaddSeazyn
I did, however, put three stamps on so hopefully they recognised the importance of it!
Had you put 10 stamps on it... it would have made no difference. It may be important to you, but it is not as important for the US government.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Had you put 10 stamps on it... it would have made no difference. It may be important to you, but it is not as important for the US government.

Ian
But, the British Posties would have made extra sure it got to it's destination.
Probably.
Assuming the stamps added up to at least the correct postage fee.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Clairey369 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi madd sounds like you may of made a similar mistake to me,iv done everything just waiting on a interview date i sent my pack 3 back on 9th of febuary after 3 weeks had pack 3 returned ( did not pay enough postage), unless you have wrote your return address on the Back of your pack 3 do not expect it back i posted with 4 first class stamps still as 1.80 left to pay.
so with that i had my duplicate pack of pack 3, duplicated it again incase ;_)

Instead of being inpatient i posted at post office first classed signed for reposted on the 6th of march with a cover letter explaining it was a second
copy us embassy london recieved it on the 8th signed for by dave. now im waiting on my interview date currently its a 6 week back log i call every friday to check if i can book my interview yet personally id resend pack 3 for piece of mind x
Regards Clair x

Last edited by Clairey369; Mar 19th 2013 at 2:51 am.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For such an important piece of mail, why didn't either of you go to the post office and mail it there after having it weigh and the correct postage put on.

I do hope you have made copies of everything you sent and that you only sent copies and not originals of anything.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Oh yes im a ocd copyer typical female me im afraid just couldent wait
i work from home got daughter to nip to post box for me.
cant be told mind will insist on learning the hard way main thing
copy everything always have an exact example
then if you mess up easy solved just a longer time line x
Old Mar 19th 2013, 3:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clairey369
i call every friday to check if i can book my interview yet personally id resend pack 3 for piece of mind x
Regards Clair x
Just so you know, you can't book your own interview. The embassy sets an interview date for you. So when you call in, you aren't calling to book your interview...you are calling in to see if an interview date has been set up for you.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2013, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just so you know, you can't book your own interview. The embassy sets an interview date for you. So when you call in, you aren't calling to book your interview...you are calling in to see if an interview date has been set up for you.

Rene
As soon as my pack is loged on the system manually i can call up grab the date and pay for the visa over phone think they are trying to phase out paying the visa fees at the interview in london that is
K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview.
then letter to confirm will be sent out (no longer use email system) with my proof of payment. i just take all this along with me x

Last edited by Clairey369; Mar 19th 2013 at 5:27 am. Reason: Replaced word interview for visa