Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Texas Service Center?

Wikiposts

K-1 Texas Service Center?

Old Mar 16th 2002, 7:35 am
Sandwich Slim

Default K-1 Texas Service Center?

I am about to send in my 129-F to the Texas service center for processing. My fiancee
is from Thailand. I am pretty sure I have everything in order. Does anyone have any
experience with them? If so, what was your processing time, experience, etc? Thanks
for you help!

Jeremy

Old Mar 16th 2002, 7:35 am
Steve Millward

Default Re: K-1 Texas Service Center?

I eventually got mine last March, it took 6 months thanks to an audit. They are
pretty thorough, like all of them. Just be PATIENT. One thing I did find out in my
application and the saga that goes on with that, this newsgroup is ace for finding
out stuff you ned and what to do next. Just make sure, doubly sure that you have all
the paperwork you need, if they need something give em that and more.

Steve

Old Mar 16th 2002, 11:05 am
Rick

We filed our I-129F on Feb 28. Received 1st NOA today (3/16) with action date of 3/8.
This newsgroup has been VERY helpful. I am just hoping now that I have everything
correct in the original paperwork. We are hoping to have Sheena in the country
sometime in June, but that may be a little optimistic.

Rick

"Sandwich Slim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am about to send in my 129-F to the Texas service center for processing. My
    > fiancee is from Thailand. I am pretty sure I have everything in order. Does anyone
    > have any experience with them? If so, what was your processing time, experience,
    > etc? Thanks for you help!
    >
    > Jeremy

Old Mar 16th 2002, 1:35 pm
Di Martin

As well as this group you may like to try the TSC messageboard the link is below. I
found both groups extremely helpful! http://disc.server.com/Indices/154072.html

Sandwich Slim <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > fiancee is from Thailand. I am pretty sure I have everything in order. Does anyone
    > have any experience with them? If so, what was your processing time, experience,
    >
    > Jeremy

Old Mar 16th 2002, 4:35 pm
Sandwich Slim

Thanks for all the info so far guys. It makes me feel a little better to see that
things have sped up a great deal at tsc. Seems like people are getting approved at
around 30-45 days now. Hope it stays that way, I am submitting my application on
Monday and will fly over and spend 2 weeks with my fiancee, which will help the wait.
Guess I'll just hope for the best.

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:03:50 GMT, Sandwich Slim <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am about to send in my 129-F to the Texas service center for processing. My
    >fiancee is from Thailand. I am pretty sure I have everything in order. Does anyone
    >have any experience with them? If so, what was your processing time, experience,
    >etc? Thanks for you help!

Old Mar 17th 2002, 12:05 am
Mike

Good luck. I recommend you become familiar with this site:

http://disc.server.com/Indices/154072.html

Mike

Sandwich Slim wrote:
    >
    >
    > Jeremy

Old Mar 19th 2002, 7:35 pm
helvacia

I first sent my I129 in November of 2000. It was returned in January 2001. My check
was for the incorrect amount (I overpaid) Resubmitted it within a few days.
Recieved a couple of notifications, she recieved her packet in May, a day after I
left Thailand after another two month visit with her. She had her interview in
July, recieved her visa with no hassles and flew to the US in August. Married in
November by three Thervanda Buddhist monks from the Wat I've attended for years.
Life is good with her, only she cooks too well. I've gained 10 lbs. )) helvacia
sorry I ain't real specific about the dates of time line, but shes here and thats
all that matters to me

"Clint (US-Brazil)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Jan 15 - Sent I-129F for K1 Jan 28 - 1st NOA Mar 5 - 2nd NOA Mar 11- Sent fax to
    > Rio consulate to open provisional file (in case info
had
    > not arrived yet from TSC) Mar 13- Fiancée received Packet 3 Mar 14- Turned in
    > Packet 3, received Packet 4, and now waiting for contact to set up interview. This
    > site helped me a lot - http://www.afst.com/Jamaica/k1/checklist.htm although I
    > think the fees changed in Feb. Clint
    >
    > "Sandwich Slim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I am about to send in my 129-F to the Texas service center for processing. My
    > > fiancee is from Thailand. I am pretty sure I have everything in order. Does
    > > anyone have any experience with them? If so, what was your processing time,
    > > experience, etc? Thanks for you help!
    > >
    > > Jeremy