Wikiposts

K-1 NOA1 Received!

Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:39 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 NOA1 Received!

The doctors office that your fiancee has to go to is Knightsbridge Doctors in London. It's pretty easy to get an appointment when the time comes.You can get some good deals on hotels in London as well believe it or not! My husband is from Carnoustie in Scotland. He had taken the bus to London for his medical which was an awful 13 hours! We took the train from Arbroath to London which was alot quicker and much more comfortable for his interview.I have taken an express train from Edinburgh to London and it was just over 4 hours. We sent in his I129 petition the last week of December 2007 and his K1 interview and approval(same day) was the first week of June 2008. Tell your fiancee to see if she needs any vaccinations as well. There are plenty of links on here for a list of what vacs are required. If she needs any tell her to get them locally so NHS will pay for it. Knightsbridge doctors will charge.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to you both! My husband is a Scot as well - from Hamilton.

"sunny" and "edinburgh" seem a bit oxymoronic to me! You see the sun one day in 10 if you are lucky! But I love bonnie Scotland anyways.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Hi I'm also from Scotland, Port Glasgow.

My fiancee petioned on my behalf on Dec 3 2008, it was received at Vermont USCIS on Dec 8 2008... which has been 12 weeks.

So we're just hear waiting to hear back from the embassy in London about my interview date, hope we hear soon, its driving us nuts just sitting here waiting to hear from them lol.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig73
Hi I'm also from Scotland, Port Glasgow.

My fiancee petioned on my behalf on Dec 3 2008, it was received at Vermont USCIS on Dec 8 2008... which has been 12 weeks.

So we're just hear waiting to hear back from the embassy in London about my interview date, hope we hear soon, its driving us nuts just sitting here waiting to hear from them lol.
Aren't you first waiting to hear if the I-129F has been approved?

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Aren't you first waiting to hear if the I-129F has been approved?

Rene

Sorry, yes we are still waiting to here if the I-129F has been approved.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Kim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really niceKim_Abdn is just really nice

Ohhh how exciting!

Welcome both of you! Its such an exciting time, well also very annoying and anxious but exciting all the same!

I also am from scotland (check all us scots!!) Im from Aberdeen and will be moving to northern virginia.

We are actually just at the stage of putting the I-129F package all together but I have really found everything I need to know for this stage and beyond from this forum and the wiki! Im a lurker not a poster!

I will be so very sad to leave Scotland, but its a small price to pay so I can be with the man I love!!

Take Care!

Kim
XXXX
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I didnt relise how many Scots were on the forum
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Actually only London does Immigrant and K visas. Edinburgh does tourist visas. Rene
Ohhh guess I was reading about a different visa somewhere - I stand corrected thanks Rene
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

Congrats on the NOA1! Feels great doesnt it!

My other half sent the petition around the 26th/27th of January and we received the NOA1 the following week, dated for the 30th of Jan.

We're doing our best not to count the weeks and stuff, but it seems most applications at the moment from what I am hearing are moving along quite quickly!

Best of luck to you....keep us all updated!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Right I'm going to stamp my feet now .... our I 129F was sent on 24th February and we haven't got the NOA1 yet. Call me Ms Impatient!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Right I'm going to stamp my feet now .... our I 129F was sent on 24th February and we haven't got the NOA1 yet. Call me Ms Impatient!!
When I filed the I-129 in 2003, I never received NOA1. To top that off, I thought sending a money order instead of a check was the better thing to do, so it was difficult to know if they even cashed the MO. After several months, and several phone calls, I finally managed to get a case number. Very frustrating experience, let me tell ya.

I always say count yourself lucky if you do get one.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newtintheville
Indeed, my fiance has to go from Edinburgh to London for both her medical exam and interview. Seems there is only one doctor's office (a private one at that) that is approved for this examination for k-1 applicants. It's going to be expensive for her and take 3 or 4 days we believe. So we're planning (and saving) for it.
Many people from out of town have scheduled their medical and interview for the same trip; maybe that would work for you?