Wikiposts

K-1 Interview Timeline - London

Old May 22nd 2002, 11:20 am
Bluey

Default K-1 Interview Timeline - London

Hi there people!

I don't often post here although I do lurk and have found most things extremely
informative! Thank you.

I am currently awaiting an interview date from the US Embassy london and was just
wondering how long I can be expecting to wait! We were approved at the beginning of
May through NSC. Can some of you who have had experience through London please let me
know your timeline so I can have an idea of my wait!!

Thanks so much to you all

Bluey

Old May 22nd 2002, 1:20 pm
Aangiela

Default Re: K-1 Interview Timeline - London

We were approved April 1, but didn't open a provisional file. We sent the packet 3
forms out in the middle of April, and still don't have an interview date. We have
contacted London a few times, and keep being told that they received the paperwork,
and that we should hear something soon. Yesterday, Mickey emailed the consulate, so
we're hoping to hear something more specific tomorrow.

Good luck to you,

Angie

Old May 22nd 2002, 3:20 pm
Stimpy

Bluey wrote...
    > Hi there people!
    >
    > I don't often post here although I do lurk and have found most
things
    > extremely informative! Thank you.
    >
    > I am currently awaiting an interview date from the US Embassy london and was just
    > wondering how long I can be expecting to wait! We were approved at the beginning of
    > May through NSC. Can some of you who
have
    > had experience through London please let me know your timeline so I can have an
    > idea of my wait!!
    >
    >
    > Thanks so much to you all
    >
    >
    > Bluey

My timeline (Nebraska--London) is:

16 Feb 2002 I129f sent to NSC 1 Mar 2002 1st NOA 4 Apr 2002 2nd NOA 4 Apr 2002 Sent
downloaded Packet 3 forms to US Embassy in London 22 Apr 2002 Received Packet 4 with
Interview Date 7 Jun 2002 Visa Interview in London 21 Jun 2002 Planned Wedding Date

I wrote that my travel was going to be on the 21st of June (we moved the wedding up
after getting the interview date), so they tend to arrange dates around that, seeing
as someone approved after me received an earlier date, either they had less time
until their planned travel or just sent in their packet 3 early and opened a
provisional file (i didn't).

James

Old May 23rd 2002, 2:20 am
Jan & Ed

Bluey wrote:

> Hi there people!
    >
    > I don't often post here although I do lurk and have found most things extremely
    > informative! Thank you.
    >
    > I am currently awaiting an interview date from the US Embassy london and was just
    > wondering how long I can be expecting to wait! We were approved at the beginning of
    > May through NSC. Can some of you who have had experience through London please let
    > me know your timeline so I can have an idea of my wait!!
    >
    >
    > Thanks so much to you all
    >
    >
    > Bluey

Hi Bluey

I waited and waited for my interview date, eventually i phoned the embassy to enquire
about a possible date they said they couldnt see me on the interview list , took my
email address and said they would contact me to let me know. Next day email saying
interview date set , day after that pack 4 (interview invitation and forms) arrived !

hope this helps

Jan )

Old May 23rd 2002, 10:20 am
janesays

> Bluey wrote:
    > > I am currently awaiting an interview date from the US Embassy london and was just
    > > wondering how long I can be expecting to wait! We were approved at the beginning
    > > of May through NSC. Can some of you who have had experience through London please
    > > let me know your timeline so I can have an idea of my wait!!

I was approved through the VSC on the 29th of April, and the embassy had been
notified by "wire, fax or telephone" of my approval, I sent the forms away recorded
delivery on the 2nd of May, they received them on the 3rd of May and I am still
waiting to even hear an acknowledgement of receipt, if they send such things. I was
going to wait another week before giving them a phone.

Old May 23rd 2002, 10:20 am
Ben

hi this is a message for stimpy....I'm having trouble with downloading the packet 3
forms from the US embassy London site......the IV-15 pdf is corrupted can I ask where
you got the one you sent in from or was it the html page? thanks ben

"stimpy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Bluey wrote...
    > > Hi there people!
    > >
    > > I don't often post here although I do lurk and have found most
    > things
    > > extremely informative! Thank you.
    > >
    > > I am currently awaiting an interview date from the US Embassy london and was just
    > > wondering how long I can be expecting to wait! We were approved at the beginning
    > > of May through NSC. Can some of you who
    > have
    > > had experience through London please let me know your timeline so I can have an
    > > idea of my wait!!
    > >
    > >
    > > Thanks so much to you all
    > >
    > >
    > > Bluey
    >
    > My timeline (Nebraska--London) is:
    >
    > 16 Feb 2002 I129f sent to NSC 1 Mar 2002 1st NOA 4 Apr 2002 2nd NOA 4 Apr 2002
    > Sent downloaded Packet 3 forms to US Embassy in London 22 Apr 2002 Received Packet
    > 4 with Interview Date 7 Jun 2002 Visa Interview in London 21 Jun 2002 Planned
    > Wedding Date
    >
    > I wrote that my travel was going to be on the 21st of June (we moved the wedding up
    > after getting the interview date), so they tend to arrange dates around that,
    > seeing as someone approved after me received an earlier date, either they had less
    > time until their planned travel or just sent in their packet 3 early and opened a
    > provisional file (i didn't).
    >
    > James

Old May 25th 2002, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

punksk8r79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i recieved my approval from VSC at the end of april and recieved my letter from us embassy london just over a week ago and have my interview date for 17th june, mine was delayed a little as they said they had a backlog