Reload this Page >

K-1 interview London - MAJOR problem

Wikiposts

K-1 interview London - MAJOR problem

Old Apr 26th 2002, 11:10 pm
Mister Heartbre

Default K-1 interview London - MAJOR problem

Hi all.

I've got my K-1 interview on Monday morning, and I've got a pretty big problem: due
to an unfortunate mixup, my USC fiancee sent the I-134 late and it's not going to be
here in enough time for my leaving for London (I live near Liverpool). The form is
coming to Liverpool, but by the time it gets here I'll be already down in London.

My question is this: if I go to the interview with only the secondary sponsor's
affidavit of support (which I have), what are the chances of my visa application
being denied? And will it be turned down outright forcing me to re-apply, or will I
be able to submit it afterwards and just book another interview appointment?

If anyone has any experience or constructive advice, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Dave.

Old Apr 26th 2002, 11:40 pm
Gavin.McCormack

Default Re: K-1 interview London - MAJOR problem

I have no experience of similar I am afraid. I only have a couple of suggestions and
even then I am sure better advice will follow on your post. Just in case though my
suggestions are.

#1. Is it possible in any way that you could have someone deliver it when it
arrives...we are talking a 3-4 hour drive. If it arrives in Liverpool at sat 9am
Monday, then if driven down you could have it for the afternoon session of the
interview, after having explained to them your predicament.
#2. Is there any way your fiance could fax a copy to you now...and you could
tell the Embassy the original can be sent to them later maybe....or have a copy faxed
to them with a statement of authenticity. I ain't sure the legalities of that..but
just an idea.
#3. Could you call the Embassy and ask them what advice they have...although
it might be too late to even do that.

Good Luck with this, as its a shit thing to happen right before the appointment. G

Mister Heartbreak <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Xns91FD772CD9D6Bdavelamb68hotma...62.253.162.109...
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I've got my K-1 interview on Monday morning, and I've got a pretty big problem:
    > due to an unfortunate mixup, my USC fiancee sent the I-134 late and it's not
    > going to be here in enough time for my leaving for London (I live near
    > Liverpool). The form is coming to Liverpool, but by the time it gets here I'll be
    > already down in London.
    >
    > My question is this: if I go to the interview with only the secondary sponsor's
    > affidavit of support (which I have), what are the chances of my visa application
    > being denied? And will it be turned down outright forcing me to re-apply, or will I
    > be able to submit it afterwards and just book another interview appointment?
    >
    > If anyone has any experience or constructive advice, I'd really appreciate
    > your help.
    >
    > Thanks, Dave.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 12:10 am
Mister Heartbre

"gavin.mccormack" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I have no experience of similar I am afraid. I only have a couple of suggestions
    > and even then I am sure better advice will follow on your post. Just in case though
    > my suggestions are.
    >
    > #1. Is it possible in any way that you could have someone deliver it
    > when it arrives...we are talking a 3-4 hour drive. If it arrives in Liverpool at
    > sat 9am Monday, then if driven down you could have it for the afternoon session of
    > the interview, after having explained to them your predicament. #2. Is there any
    > way your fiance could fax a copy to you now...and you could tell the Embassy the
    > original can be sent to them later maybe....or have a copy faxed to them with a
    > statement of authenticity. I ain't sure the legalities of that..but just an idea.
    > #3. Could you call the Embassy and ask them what advice they
    > have...although it might be too late to even do that.
    >
    > Good Luck with this, as its a shit thing to happen right before the appointment. G

Thanks for your help, Gavin - very much appreciated.

On point 1: Apparently DHL will have the package by 6am on Monday, but I don't know
anyone who can pick it up and drive down to London with it. Thinking on that, it's
just occurred to me that as it's addressed to me, I'd have to pick it up myself -
meaning they'd need ID confirmation, meaning that nobody else could collect it.

I phoned the Embassy 'help' line (yeah, RIGHT) and in short they suggested that I
go to the interview anyway, and see what happens. That's pretty much what I'd
planned to do.

Your other point is a good idea - IF my fiancee still has a copy of the I-134 (I
don't know whether she has or not). I'm going to check that one out.

I'll keep you informed. Thanks again, Dave.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that they will do the interview/medical and check your other documents, but they won't be able to issue the visa until you present the affidavit.

And I think this will mean a second trip to London, although probably at your own convenience rather than for a specific appointment.

It is quite common for people to attend their interview with missing documentation and they are asked to come back with it so that they can get their visa. They do as much as they can on the interview day, though, so it's not a totally wasted trip.
Old Apr 27th 2002, 2:10 am
David

Would it be possible to get DHL to forward it to you somewhere in London?

Old Apr 27th 2002, 2:40 am
Mister Heartbre

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Spxy8.11908$4H7.86094908@news-
text.cableinet.net:

> Would it be possible to get DHL to forward it to you somewhere in London?

Unfortunately it's already IN London - Heathrow, to be exact - probably sitting in
the back of a van waiting to go up to Liverpool. They'd have to send it up north,
and then turn it round and send it back to London - and that'd be another two
days, probably.

Dave.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 3:10 am
Mister Heartbre

Ameriscot <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I think that they will do the interview/medical and check your other documents, but
    > they won't be able to issue the visa until you present the affidavit.
    >
    > And I think this will mean a second trip to London, although probably at your own
    > convenience rather than for a specific appointment.
    >
    > It is quite common for people to attend their interview with missing documentation
    > and they are asked to come back with it so that they can get their visa. They do as
    > much as they can on the interview day, though, so it's not a totally wasted trip.
    >

This is probably the best news I've heard today (it's all relative...).

Dave.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 8:10 am
Michael Voight

Can't you just call DHL and have them change the delivery to you in London? Of
course, this should have been done as soon as you found out there was a problem. It
might be too late now.

Mister Heartbreak wrote:

> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Spxy8.11908$4H7.86094908@news-
    > text.cableinet.net:
    >
    > > Would it be possible to get DHL to forward it to you somewhere in London?
    >
    > Unfortunately it's already IN London - Heathrow, to be exact - probably sitting in
    > the back of a van waiting to go up to Liverpool. They'd have to send it up north,
    > and then turn it round and send it back to London - and that'd be another two days,
    > probably.
    >
    > Dave.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 9:10 am
Mister Heartbre

Michael Voight <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Can't you just call DHL and have them change the delivery to you in London? Of
    > course, this should have been done as soon as you found out there was a problem. It
    > might be too late now.
    >

By the time I found out there was a problem it was already too late.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 5:40 pm
Dave And Emily

Mister Heartbreak wrote news:Xns91FD9BDA0AE7Adavelamb68hotma...194.168.222.9:

> Ameriscot <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> I think that they will do the interview/medical and check your other documents,
    >> but they won't be able to issue the visa until you present the affidavit.
    >>
    >> And I think this will mean a second trip to London, although probably at your own
    >> convenience rather than for a specific appointment.
    >>
    >> It is quite common for people to attend their interview with missing
    >> documentation and they are asked to come back with it so that they can get their
    >> visa. They do as much as they can on the interview day, though, so it's not a
    >> totally wasted trip.
    >>
    >
    >
    > This is probably the best news I've heard today (it's all relative...).
    >
    > Dave.
    >

A CLARIFICATION FROM THE FIANCEE!!! I DID think to save copies of all the affadavit
evidence and the sworn affadavit itself. I have scanned these in and emailed them to
Dave so he will have the copies for the interview, along with all the original
documents for his cosponsor. Will this improve his chances any? I'm terrified that my
oversight will cost him his visa, or delay it. We are trying to have the package with
the originals re-sent to or held in (depending on where it now is!)London. If it
arrives in London on Monday, is there any viable chance that they will allow him to
go pick it up and then show them the documents? Any suggestions, opinions, or advice
will be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Emily

Old Apr 27th 2002, 5:40 pm
Michael Voight

When you made the original post, was it too late to change the delivery location? I
have done it mid shipment before

Mister Heartbreak wrote:

> Michael Voight <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Can't you just call DHL and have them change the delivery to you in London? Of
    > > course, this should have been done as soon as you found out there was a problem.
    > > It might be too late now.
    > >
    >
    > By the time I found out there was a problem it was already too late.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dave And Emily
If it
arrives in London on Monday, is there any viable chance that they will allow him to
go pick it up and then show them the documents?
I don't think they will issue the visa using an unnotarised, unsigned affidavit, as the original has to end up in the brown envelope. But having this copy to hand will be very useful, as it will enable the consulate to "pass" it, and basically confirm to him on the day that he will be granted the visa.

If the affidavit arrives in London on Monday, then he should have no problems in returning to the consulate in the afternoon to complete the visa processing. There are such allowances in the scheduling as many applicants have to go out for photos and other missing documents, then return to finish everything off.

Bottom line is that they *want* to issue the visa and will do everything possible to make this happen.
Old Apr 28th 2002, 12:40 am
Gavin.McCormack

Hey I hope all goes ok for you two. I hope that the Embassy staff have some sympathy,
and I am sure experience of such things, and give you a simple solution that causes
little if any delay.If he has a way of getting the originals in London
somewhere...then there is a lunch break in which he may be able to have the time to
go retrieve them, allowing him to present them later the same day. Don't worry about
an oversight.......I make them all the time.....I nearly applied to the millionaire
advert for a mistress..........damned money carrots!!!

All the best G

Dave and Emily <nottellingyou@all> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Mister Heartbreak wrote news:Xns91FD9BDA0AE7Adavelamb68hotma...194.168.222.9:
    >
    > > Ameriscot <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > >
    > >> I think that they will do the interview/medical and check your other documents,
    > >> but they won't be able to issue the visa until you present the affidavit.
    > >>
    > >> And I think this will mean a second trip to London, although probably at your
    > >> own convenience rather than for a specific appointment.
    > >>
    > >> It is quite common for people to attend their interview with missing
    > >> documentation and they are asked to come back with it so that they can get their
    > >> visa. They do as much as they can on the interview day, though, so it's not a
    > >> totally wasted trip.
    > >>
    > >
    > >
    > > This is probably the best news I've heard today (it's all relative...).
    > >
    > > Dave.
    > >
    >
    > A CLARIFICATION FROM THE FIANCEE!!! I DID think to save copies of all the affadavit
    > evidence and the sworn affadavit itself. I have scanned these in and emailed them
    > to Dave so he will have the copies for the interview, along with all the original
    > documents for his cosponsor. Will this improve his chances any? I'm terrified that
    > my oversight will cost him his visa, or delay it. We are trying to have the package
    > with the originals re-sent to or held in (depending on where it now is!)London. If
    > it arrives in London on Monday, is there any viable chance that they will allow him
    > to go pick it up and then show them the documents? Any suggestions, opinions, or
    > advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Emily

Old Apr 28th 2002, 1:40 am
Mister Heartbre

I'd just like to take a brief moment to thank those of you whose help has put my mind
to rest (and, I hope, Emily's too) this trying weekend. At the moment we're looking
at getting DHL to hold the package at Heathrow, and for me to scoot across London to
pick it up (better than going from London to Liverpool and back).

Thanks especially to Gavin for your suggestions, and Ameriscot (sorry, I don't know
your first name) for helping somewhat to ease my mind.

And to whoever it was who said a week or two ago not to read newsgroups like this, I
say this: don't read them. That's your prerogative. The rest of us can get along
quite well without you.

Eternal thanks, Dave.

Old Apr 28th 2002, 2:10 am
Mister Heartbre

Mister Heartbreak <[email protected]> wrote in
news:Xns91FE93BD55DDDdavelamb68hotma...2.253.162.108:

> I'd just like to take a brief moment to thank those of you whose help has put my
    > mind to rest

"put my mind to rest"? Is that really what I meant?! It may be ailing a bit, but it's
not quite ready to be put to rest yet!

Dave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.