Wikiposts

K-1 Interview Done...

Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 Interview Done...

..and dusted!!

Honestly I was really nervous on the day like you lot naturally will be but trust me you don't need to be. There is a lot of waiting around but the actual interview is a doddle!

I got to the doc's office at 7:30 and was the 2nd one in the door. You had to put your medical questionnaire, 1 photo and your passport in a clear envelope and give it to the receptionist. I was the first to do that but was still called out about 10th of 12th so I don't know how they sort the order out!

Anyway it took about 2 hours, maybe more to get blood tested and chest x-ray. There's nothing ot concern you, it's very streamilined - just a bit slow! The doctor was a bit grumpy but then I think I was trying to crack jokes to break the mood that he'd heard a million times before!

I was starting to feel less nervous by the time I got to the US embassy, which was about 10:45-11:00ish. First thing you need to do is hand your appointment letter to someone at a booth, this wasn't immediately apparent as nobody tells you to and there are no signs. Then you wait. I got called up and showed my passport, birth and police cert's and he ticked off a checklist. Then he saw my pack of 12 months bank statements and gave them back - they weren't needed again. I had other stuff showing I had property whic a guy later told me was enough without my fiancee's I-134 affadavit of support. Anyway, he looked at my financial back-up then I had to sit down for 20 min's or so. When I was called up again I had to hold up my right hand and swear to tell the truth blah blah, then the guy went through my financial stuff again but very briefly. He asked me where we met and what we planned for our wedding. I told him due to time / baby due dates and the 90 days to get married rule we were just going to the City Hall and having a party at a late date for my UK family, he was fine with that. He asked if I had photo's of us together, I gave him the pack and he looked at 2 or 3 and it was fine. He said good luck we have to wait for your medical results then everything would be finished. He gave me back some of my stuff but I wasn't sure what and kept the rest. That was 11:30.

I came back at 12:30 and the guy on the door asked me for ID. I searched in a mad panic thinking I'd lost my passport until I realised it must be still inside with the stuff the guy had kept hold of! Another guy just let me in with no ID only the appointment letter!! About 5 mins later I had my grubby paws on the K-1 visa!!

Honestly the people were nice, it was all simple. I know you'll worry but as long as you have what is on the check list and some proof of funds there will be no problem I promise you. Thanks for all the help from you lot, this site was priceless - I just wish I'd found it earlier!

Now I just need to know what to do next in order to work and be able to travel to and from the USA! Any good links?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:39 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: K-1 Interview Done...

Congratulations Paul!!

For the next step, take a look at this: Adjustment of Status.

More fun paperwork!!

Best wishes

Tam
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Congratulations!

It's all done now, so no more worrying!!

Kath
Old Feb 19th 2004, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! :-)