Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 Interview Checklist

K-1 Interview Checklist

Old Apr 15th 2018, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Spanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 Interview Checklist

Originally Posted by tom169
Don't over think the process

Easier said than done

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 15th 2018, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its very easy to overthink it, as it’s such a big part. But a good 90% of us left thinking “is that it?!”.

Good luck!
Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanglpat
Easier said than done

Thanks for the help
It is, but having been through it, it's from experience. No problem.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Spanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond reputeSpanglpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!

Another small question on this:

In the instructions email I received from the embassy, it says that the following is required for all visa types 'All previous passports, especially those that show any international trips or previously issued visas to the United States'.

This is a bit of a curveball for me, as I hadn't seen this appear on anyone's lists on this website or elsewhere, and nor does it appear here - https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...red-documents/

Can anyone shed any light on this? I have no idea where my previous passports are, so a bit concerning.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!

Another small question on this:

In the instructions email I received from the embassy, it says that the following is required for all visa types 'All previous passports, especially those that show any international trips or previously issued visas to the United States'.

This is a bit of a curveball for me, as I hadn't seen this appear on anyone's lists on this website or elsewhere, and nor does it appear here - https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...red-documents/

Can anyone shed any light on this? I have no idea where my previous passports are, so a bit concerning.
If they ask I'd just tell them they're lost.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
If they ask I'd just tell them they're lost.
Seems reasonable to me. They wouldn't have any travel to the USA on them anyway.

Did they ask you for this when you had your interview?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems reasonable to me. They wouldn't have any travel to the USA on them anyway.

I definitely wasn't asked and I believe mine and Tom's K1 journey was of a pretty similar time.

Realistically they probably already know when/if you've visited the US and have it in front of them on their computer. As Tom said, it's not unreasonable to say you either lost them or shredded them etc.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

I wasn’t asked for any other passport apart from my own. Might be for high fraudulent countries, I’m not too sure.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, I wasn't asked... And only took my latest passport.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Super!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 10:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

They aren't just looking to see if you have visited the US and/or how many times. They are looking to see if you have visited any of the countries on the list of middle eastern countries which would mean you won't get your visa. If you can find them, take them. If you can't find them, deal with it if it becomes a problem.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all! First, a wee update on this, I attended the interview on Monday and was approved pending their receipt of my medical, which Knightsbridge told me will be with them by 1100 tomorrow! Thanks to everyone for their advice and help! I'd be more than happy to write up my interview experience for future reference if people think that would be helpful.

I also have another small query which I thought I would just add here to keep things tidy.

I have chosen to collect my visa from the nearest DX location and have two questions on this. One, do I require any ID to collect the package? I don't have a driving license, so my only form of photographic ID will be in the package I am trying to collect! Will this be an issue?

I haven't received any tracking number to know when the package is ready to be collected at the DX location. Will this be sent to me when the visa is issued, or is there some other way to track the package?

Thanks as always.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all! First, a wee update on this, I attended the interview on Monday and was approved pending their receipt of my medical, which Knightsbridge told me will be with them by 1100 tomorrow! Thanks to everyone for their advice and help! I'd be more than happy to write up my interview experience for future reference if people think that would be helpful.

I also have another small query which I thought I would just add here to keep things tidy.

I have chosen to collect my visa from the nearest DX location and have two questions on this. One, do I require any ID to collect the package? I don't have a driving license, so my only form of photographic ID will be in the package I am trying to collect! Will this be an issue?

I haven't received any tracking number to know when the package is ready to be collected at the DX location. Will this be sent to me when the visa is issued, or is there some other way to track the package?

Thanks as always.
Congratulations!

I would assume you would need ID to pick up a package containing sensitive information.

I'd phone them and see what their requirements are for picking up documents - I believe when they delivered my package by mail they asked to see my driving license (don't quote me on that, I *think* that's what happened!).

Could you not urgently apply for a provisional license or something along those lines?
Old Apr 25th 2018, 7:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The passport is not in the "Do Not Open" envelope, so maybe they'll let you open the package to show then your passport inside (assuming your picture still looks enough like you).

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2018, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

I had no problem picking them up with my photo driving license!

Congratulations on the interview!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.