K-1 Granted at Chennai, India

Wikiposts

K-1 Granted at Chennai, India

Old Sep 5th 2003, 1:01 am
Just Joined

stumpthechump is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 Granted at Chennai, India

Hello all,
I am a regular reader of this NG, though seldom contribute to any of the discussions. My fiance was granted her K-1 visa on September 5 at the Chennai embassy, India. It has a been a long a complicated route, thanks to Nebraska, but finally we have the visa.
Our case was filed with Nebraska on Oct 9 2002, and recvd the first NOA on 3/6/03. The petition was then forwarded to NVC, which returned it to NSC on 3/24/03. Per my senator's office, NSC had mixed up the second page of another I129F with mine. It took 2 months for NSC to amend this - they initially retracted their approval on 4/18/03, and issued me an RFE - basically to fill out the second page that they had misplaced and could not find. The RFE was approved on 5/30/03, and reached NVC on 6/15/03, where it stayed till 7/15/03 ( not clear why it took so long, as I have not come across any one else from India having such delays, my guess is that since there was a mix up in the file that they recvd fromNSC earlier, they had to verify it thoroughl???)
Anyway the file went to Chennai, the visa interview was scheduled for the 5th, and she was approved after a short interview, the details of which I am still waiting.
Once again, thanks to all for the support through this NG.

MP