Wikiposts

K-1 Flowchart

Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 Flowchart

Added K-1 Flowchart. This was baselined off of mcjimbo 's Flowchart with his permission.

I added new items and removed information that could easily date the flowchart (such as current fee's, etc).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1flow

Please review / comment / etc... thanks!
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:50 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: K-1 Flowchart

Ahhhhhh Steve the fruits of my labour!

Glad to see they've been included on Visajourney, I can't believe no one thought of doing this before. Now all we need is for someone to give us the rough steps for a K3, and we can modify this one and make a "K3 Flowchart". Any volunteers!?
Old Mar 28th 2004, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Steve2003
Added K-1 Flowchart. This was baselined off of mcjimbo 's Flowchart with his permission.

I added new items and removed information that could easily date the flowchart (such as current fee's, etc).

This flow chart is incredibly useful. We have just sent off the I 129F - the first box on the chart, and there are so many boxes to go through. It is very daunting having so much to go through. And everbody elses time line seems so full and lengthy and mine just has one - so far!

Anyway, as a newcomer, thank you for the time and trouble to complete the chart, very much appreciated as are all the contrbutions on this forum.

Yours gratefully

Minty
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember an actual requirement to file for AOS within the 90 days as suggested..
Old Mar 28th 2004, 7:16 pm

Ray,

The flowchart is designed more to give a complete visual idea, step by step of the process beginning to end. It does warn that they are just guidlines for doing things. The timelines in peoples signatures on various forums, and the interactive K1/K3 timelines are useful, but for a newbie starting out, being able to visualise everything that is required and have it explained is extremely useful.

I wish I had something like this flowchart when I started out, I think I would of been a lot better organised in terms of knowing what to do, and what was coming and when. Hopefully you all find it useful, its my contribution to the community!

Thanks Steve for the ammendments

James

Last edited by mcjimbo; Mar 28th 2004 at 7:21 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 7:17 pm
Lbfm

you dont remember your own name half the time

"ray6" <member9793@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I don't remember an actual requirement to file for AOS within the 90
    > days as suggested..
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:10 am

Originally posted by mountain dew
this post is far to technical for ray6
I don't know they guy so i'm not going to comment.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
I don't remember an actual requirement to file for AOS within the 90 days as suggested..
I concur, Ray. There is nothing that says you have to file for AOS within 90 days. A K1er only has to get married within those 90 days before the K1 expires in order to stay in status.

It pertains to this thread as it is inaccurate info that is being represented on the flowchart. I've noticed people on here that have waited months or years to file for AOS.

Other than that issue, the flowchart looks great! A good summary of all the information that is floating around!

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Mar 29th 2004 at 12:20 am.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Thanks for setting this up guys...its very user friendly...just what i need with my level of computer literacy !
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mountain dew
the k-1 visa expires, if the k-1 applicant doesn't file to adjust status, they are overstaying the visa.

your advice will get them banned from the USA.
Show me the section in the INA that says they have to file AOS within 90 days. If it will get them banned, why do the ConOff only tell K1ers that they must get married within 90 days? They do not tell them that they also must file for AOS w/in 90 days. The way I understood anyways, the K1 'expires' as soon as the couple gets married, since the terms of the K1 would then be met. The terms of the K1 do not state filing AOS w/in 90 days.

Yes they most likely would start accruing days out of status, but as long as they don't leave the US, it's not an issue. Obviously, I would not put off filing AOS, but it is not mandatory w/in 90 days. There are many who file AOS that are outside the 90 days the K1 is good for.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
I don't know they guy so i'm not going to comment.
He is the moron with multi names, fictious wife, and live in his own poorly constructed unhappy world. most of us know who this sad pile of crap is and give him space to vent his childish boring ill-informed views...and totally ignore them...

But back to the point you do state "Must marry AND file for AOS within 90 days of entering the U.S. on a K-1 visa"
I think a slight change in words would be better and not come across as such a definitive statement.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:43 am
Ray

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Show me the section in the INA that says they have to file AOS within 90 days. If it will get them banned, why do the ConOff only
Dont bother Jamie ...he will be back later under another name and argue with himself....or will just delete his posing...Won't you Dave...
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Updated to reflect the 90 day statement.

I still stressed that it is important to avoid becoming out-of-status and that one should file for AOS asap.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:27 am
Ray

Updated to reflect the 90 day statement.
I still stressed that it is important to avoid becoming out-of-status and that one should file for AOS asap.
Thats great Steve...Reads all good to me.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:18 am
Lbfm

be a good troll ray6, and crawl back under your bridge.

"ray6" <member9793@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by mcjimbo
    > > I don't know they guy so
    > i'm not going to comment.
    > He is the moron with multi names,
    > fictious wife, and live in his own poorly constructed unhappy world.
    > most of us know who this sad pile of crap is and give him space to vent
    > his childish boring ill-informed views...and totally ignore them...
    > But back to the point you do state "Must marry AND file for AOS within
    > 90 days of entering the U.S. on a K-1 visa"
    > I think a slight change in
    > words would be better and not come across as such a definitive
    > statement.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.